Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips Tv and HDMI problem

• 04-02-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could help with a problem I'm having. I cannot connect my laptop or desktop to my LCD tv anymore. I have tried a Windows 7 laptop, a linux OS and a Mac OS and none work anymore. I have tried HDMI to HDMI and DVI/HDMI to HDMI. All worked before but have just stopped working. It is not a lead problem as an Xbox 360 stills works fine. I'm wondering if its a HDCP problem as I don't really understand this.
    I cannot update the firmware on the LCD (model 37PF5321) as there is no USB port. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Have you tried other HDMI devices on the TV? Blu-Ray Player, Sky HD box, Xbox 360 etc...

Try to establish if the problem is with the Laptop or the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Danno wrote: »
    Have you tried other HDMI devices on the TV? Blu-Ray Player, Sky HD box, Xbox 360 etc...

Try to establish if the problem is with the Laptop or the TV.

Yeah Xbox 360 works fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Have you tried the laptop on another TV via HDMI?

No I haven't actually but the problem is both on the laptop and a seperate desktop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

doccy wrote: »
    No I haven't actually but the problem is both on the laptop and a seperate desktop.

Have a read in the manual about connecting a computer to the TV. Sometimes you have to set the resolution specifically to 1024x768 or some such for it to register.

Other times you have to use a specific port (eg HDMI3 or VGA) only for computer connectivity.

• Advertisement

I pretty convinced now its the TV. A lot of philips tvs have problems with pc's unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

doccy wrote: »
    I pretty convinced now its the TV. A lot of philips tvs have problems with pc's unfortunately.

no, I've gone and done it - I actually googled it:
    Supported Display Resolution
    • Computer formats
    Resolution Refresh rate
    640 x 480 60, 67, 72, 75Hz
    800 x 600 56, 60, 72, 75Hz
    1024 x 768 60, 70, 75Hz
    • Video Formats
    Resolution Refresh rate
    640 x 480p 2Fh
    720 x 576p 2Fh
    1280 x 720p 3Fh
    1920 x 1080i 2Fh

I'm not being smart but both the refresh rate and resolution are fine. I too have this manual you speak of :)
    I use to sell this TV and subsequent models, that's where my broad generalisation came from haha. These Philips tv's don't support VGA, damn them!

Advertisement