Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Goal.

Options
  • 04-02-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

How many points do you hope to get in the LC?
    Hopefully I'll be able to get 480+ which I will probably need for my course (455 last year)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Need around 480 if I want Law in UCC. But should that go up then I don't know. I can get 520, but I don't stand any chance of doing that. I suppose really around 450 would suit me perfect, but I'd still be happy with 400ish.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Ddemo

well i hope to get around 425ish hopefully need 410:D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

I hope to get enogh for my course and thats all. I don't care once I get in.
    300 is all I need, a little bit more would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

All I want is to get my course, I'd be happy with that, however, last year it was 540!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Tbh I'd be delighted to get any of the ucas courses I applied for, points not really important[300 or so should do me safe] but its the grades I need to be getting!

At the minute, considering no reply as of yet from prefered college in Edinburgh, I'm hoping to satisfy the conditions of my offer from my 2nd choice in Edinburgh[Napier Uni] which is 240 ucas points[around 300 LC points] ,4 honours and a B2 in Honours English!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

God I would love to do Medicine...

Im hoping for A1 in DCG, French and Biology
    A2 (+) in Chemistry
    and B1 (+) in English and Irish

That would give me 560(+)

And thats 552 LC points towards HPAT. I got 167 in a practise HPAT in leeson street so thats 719.

Hopefully enough for Galway at least (712 last year), I might not get the points for Trinity my first choice (724 l.y.).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I want to do as well as I can, the course I want was 440 last year but i'd expect that to up a good bit. Don't want to set a big goal for myself because i might get no where near it! Maybe 480 or so, hopefully more.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MeganM

The course i want went up 25 points last year so i'm pretty worried about this year, science is expected to rise. anything in the 400's I'll be happy with but i'll need around 420/430 to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

you got to think about what they said abt the large number of cao applicates and this will have an effect on the courses you choice.
    my first choice is bomedical science dit & is 375 points and im aiming for 430.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

I'd be delighted with 480 an i thinki can get it but 450 would be unreal too....my 1st choice was 405 last year but will prob go up but my second choice was 315 so even if that goes up a good bit im still hoping to get in!!!all in all im not overly worried about the leaving cert causse know what im capable of just wanna know i did well so i can really enjoy summer!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Hi i got an offer there from Queens and it will give me a place if i get four B2s and a C at higher level.

If i start working hard now do you think it achievable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I'm aiming for 500+, I'm going for science at Trinity which was 440 last year, but I want to cover myself for any point rises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I was hoping to only go for 350-360 but ith this new CAO situation...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

535 in XMas
    hope to boost to 560+ between mocks and actual.

I desire the TCD High Achiever's book tokens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

As much as possible, I applied for HPAT/Medicine but I really doubt I'll get in since I'm not exactly very bright/hardworking. I would be delighted if I could get 530, personal estimation is looking at 460~470 atm though...

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

How hard is it really to get over 500?

I mean in most tests you get to choose between Q's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 knwaca

The aim is 530, want to cover myself in order to get business and law in ucd! A's is history, bio, english and business are fairly achievable..having said that I've never fully lived up to my academic potential, too damn lazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Aim is 500.
    I'm not taking any chances this year. I don't exactly know what's going on the top of my cao so 500 should be grand to get into the courses I'm interested in.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Primary Teaching was 480* last year and I am expecting that to go up to 495ish.. I need that. not being negitive (im being realistic!!) I cant see myself getting that. im still aiming for it though!! Arts in UCC is second which is 360.. proberly will go up to 390/400. Id be happy with 450ish. Would love to beat my sister though.. she got 465!!! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IronGirl92

H2student wrote: »
    As much as possible, I applied for HPAT/Medicine but I really doubt I'll get in since I'm not exactly very bright/hardworking. I would be delighted if I could get 530, personal estimation is looking at 460~470 atm though...

I'm much the same. :rolleyes: Have optometry down after Med, 515 last year, so hopefully.... Really need to get my arse in gear and start properly studying though! Being half-arsed about it so far :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

True stainluss, choices makes it a lot easier to get high points but I'm a bit of a pessemist and I don't want to get my parents or my hopes up. (So I told them I'm doing terribly in school)

Good luck irongirl, hopefully we'll see each other in a med class next year :P.

Awh yeah, I'm the same with the parents!! My mum goes from piling on the pressure for me to work for medicine, to telling me to calm down the next minute! I'm getting whiplash from the change in techniques!! :(
    And then I keep telling her I'll repeat, the reaction to that is always great :o

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

IronGirl92 wrote: »
    Awh yeah, I'm the same with the parents!! My mum goes from piling on the pressure for me to work for medicine, to telling me to calm down the next minute! I'm getting whiplash from the change in techniques!! :(
    And then I keep telling her I'll repeat, the reaction to that is always great :o

Unless studying medicine is something you genuinely aspire to don't let your your parents dictate your future to you.

Unless studying medicine is something you genuinely aspire to don't let your your parents dictate your future to you.

No, I've always wanted to do medicine, just the 'encouragement' I get from the 'rents gets on my nerves a bit! Then you feel like you're not doing enough etc etc you know how it is! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

IronGirl92 wrote: »
    No, I've always wanted to do medicine, just the 'encouragement' I get from the 'rents gets on my nerves a bit! Then you feel like you're not doing enough etc etc you know how it is! :rolleyes:

Thankfully my preferred course is 'only' 450-460 points so I won't have as much pressure as unfortunate souls like yourself.
    My Mum and Dad have been really good so far they know that I will do as much study as I need and don't nag me unduly.

I did out my CAO in November, as the months went on I've started to get more panicy that I won't get the points, so have been shoving all the science courses I can fit into it..that said I think regardless of the course I'm aiming for, I'd be quite disappointed if I get less than 500 minimum. :rolleyes:
    That said, see what I'm saying come August!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

The BCL/Maîtrise was 550 last year,so I'm aiming for 600,hoping to get 570 or so and hopefully that'll cover me. :/
    Yeah,I'm screwed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

My points for Animation were 765 last year and they tend to go up then fall so I'm REALLY hoping they fall this year :cool:.
    I'm aiming for 500 just to be safe really. Idk if I'll get it though. I think I got 390 or 410 in xmas with No work done at all. Hope I get it =[.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Need about 360 for arts in UCD, or the irish course I like in Trinity.

Going to aim for a B2 in everything though, so hopefully about 405.
    Don't know how well that's going to work out though, these mock results are going to be awful :(
    Got 360 in my Christmas tests, we didn't do full papers in some of them though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement