Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollands & Barretts/ Healthfood stores

Options
  • 04-02-2010 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

What does everyone make of new health food store that opened up this week? Went in there today and wasn't overly impressed, staff didn't really seem to be informed on products! Very disappointed with prices too :( Think I'll be sticking to Evergreen or otherwise...they're pretty good.
    What's everyones opinion on this new healthfood store in Galway? Also any suggestions for places to get supplements in or around Galway :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

theres a lovely healthshop in athenry.staff really know their stuff and are very friendly.its near the vodafone shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Where is this new health food shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Where Sasha used to be on Shop St.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Havent been in yet. I like Evergreen but its a pain if I want something upstairs because I always have a buggy so it cant be done. The Evergreen in Galway shopping centre is a NIGHTMARE with a buggy - just cant get around. That said the staff are always lovely and very helpful. Will check out Holland and Barretts at the weekend, had no idea it was there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Tipsygypsy wrote: »
    Havent been in yet. I like Evergreen but its a pain if I want something upstairs because I always have a buggy so it cant be done. The Evergreen in Galway shopping centre is a NIGHTMARE with a buggy - just cant get around. That said the staff are always lovely and very helpful. Will check out Holland and Barretts at the weekend, had no idea it was there.

Just a heads up, the new H&B shop doesn't look anymore buggy friendly than the Evergreen in the Galway Shopping Centre.

I doubt H&B will be competitive, they'll probably be able to sell at the same prices as the other healthfood shops on their name alone...just like all the other chain shops that set up in Galway. A non-event unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hollands and Barretts do great sales:)

Evergreen does free shipping on purchases over 30euro which is very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

Brill Health Shop in Tuam called "Health Store" on Bishop Street which is beside the Cathedral(formely Ocean Health Store). Range is 2nd to none and the service is excellent (family owned/operated). Highly recommend it.
    Also, you can purchase online.. see www.oceanhealthstore.com :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

JJayoo wrote: »
    Hollands and Barretts do great sales:)

Evergreen does free shipping on purchases over 30euro which is very handy.

I have to recommend this service as well. Everything that they have instore is now online and if you want something that isn't on the site you can email them and they'll put it up pretty immediately.

Also free delivery is by courier so it arrives either next day or the second morning after you place your order. It's fantastic. They usually give you a 10% discount code too.

I'd be inclined to stick with Evergreen on the basis of this service and the fact that I'd prefer give my money to an all Irish store where possible. That is unless Holland and Barret are miles cheaper. Then I might reconsider. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 winnies_world

Evergreen. Is that the one across from Bank of ireland on Mainguard Street? If so, great shop and the staff are very helpful.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Evergreen. Is that the one across from Bank of ireland on Mainguard Street? If so, great shop and the staff are very helpful.

Agree with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Mactard wrote: »
    Just a heads up, the new H&B shop doesn't look anymore buggy friendly than the Evergreen in the Galway Shopping Centre.

I doubt H&B will be competitive, they'll probably be able to sell at the same prices as the other healthfood shops on their name alone...just like all the other chain shops that set up in Galway. A non-event unfortunately.

depends if they do Sales similar to their Uk stores, they have excellent sales with 50-70% off on a regular basis. But and is the usual but, I have my doubts whether they will do the same here in Ireland, only time will tell

Advertisement