Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood barrier on Tramore Road

Options
  • 04-02-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone notice on the Tramore Road this evening, where they have put in that long concrete barrier, that there was flooding on the road side of the barrier, but because of the barrier the water could not get away...
    Presumably there are plans to deal with this situation? I hope.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Don't worry bud, have Waterford CoCo ever let ya down

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

looksee wrote: »
    Did anyone notice on the Tramore Road this evening, where they have put in that long concrete barrier, that there was flooding on the road side of the barrier, but because of the barrier the water could not get away...
    Presumably there are plans to deal with this situation? I hope.

Gave me a good laugh anyway, seeing the amount of money spent on the flood relief. They fit a barrier which and its still flooding :p Then again, they did say it would still flood just not as bad IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

That is going to do nothing but increase the problem. The concrete runs about 30 yards if even down the Green road and just stops. That road floods worse than any other. All the water is going to go is run along the inside the barrier and all it will do will act as a dam. Unfortunately the water will be on the wrong side.

Such a pity that The loony ward in Ardkeen are allowed draw up these kind of plans

Advertisement