Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting a tree removed

Options
  • 04-02-2010 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

hi all

hope this is in the right place

looking for some advice on how to get a tree removed outside my front garden.i want to extend my driveway and this tree is in the way.

all advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Do you mean it is in the footpath outside your garden? I would imagine going to the Council and/or getting planning permission in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dreamtime

yes its on a grass patch outside the front garden.how hard or easy is it for the council to give permission for it to be removed and anybody know how long this will take.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Dreamtime wrote: »
    yes its on a grass patch outside the front garden.how hard or easy is it for the council to give permission for it to be removed and anybody know how long this will take.

I would imagine it would depend, if its a safety issue they may remove it pretty quick.

If its just because you don't like it there I'd imagine its unlikely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dreamtime

hi cabaal

its not really a safty issue the roots are under the existing path beside it and would need to be removed for the new path as the roots are in the way

Advertisement