Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Pint and a Play in Abbey Street, Dublin

• 04-02-2010 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi, Just went to see "Missing Football" at the Plough pub on Abbey Street. It's opposite the Abbey theatre.

It's a tenner and that gets you a free drink, so really you get an hour of theatre for a fiver - a bargain !

It's a good script, good acting (and it's not all about football, that's just a loose thread in the story).
    I've nothing to do with it, but tbh I went tonight & the place was almost empty, so they really need some support, and it would be great to see pub theatre take off in Dublin.

Theatre Upstairs at the Plough facebook link ...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=235878934328&ref=ts

Missing Football is at 6pm until Fri 13th & there's another play 'Decked' at 1pm (that's soup and a play)...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Who performs these plays? Is it a dedicated pub theatre group?
    It's a great idea and maybe I'll get along to support one. It's about the only thing that's in my budget range these days :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

Karl Shiels is one of the main people involved in setting it up, he's a professional actor & been in movies & Abbey etc. (but he's not acting in the current productions).

The actor in Missing Football is the actor who was in the original production 6 years ago, Stephen Kelly, I think he's professional too ...

http://www.irishtheatreonline.com/ita/itaprofile.aspx?id=1069&agent=33

Go see it, sit in the front row and you'll be about 4 feet from the action :-)
    It's like having theatre in your living room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

The theatre re-opens next week, Mon 12th at 1pm.

Advertisement