Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Trail Bike Shop Gone...?

Options
  • 04-02-2010 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Does anyone know what has happened to Mountain Trail Bike shop in the cornstore mall on Middle Street...?

I spoke with the owner a few days ago and he said they were doing a refitt/stocktake...!!!
    Today I passed and was informed that they were gone and wont be back...

I know a few people that had ordered and paid for bikes (via the cycle to work scheme)

Any news...?

Thanks....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

Aw balls... I sort of suspected they were gone but wasn't sure. He's possibly now just hiding from those people who paid for bikes... bugger :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sixman

yea guys i bought a bike there before xmas, they dude was very helpful but im sill waiting on the lock out forks that i paid for. im fairly worried now incase i got screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

^^^
    Me thinks you just got screwed tangoed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Daaboo

I doubt that, I know that they were doing a refit of the store and a restock and the business was seriously growing. I'd say just wait, or call in during the day and you'll see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

lukonmaki wrote: »
    I spoke with the owner a few days ago and he said they were doing a refitt/stocktake...!!!

Today I passed and was informed that they were gone and wont be back.
    Who told you this? The owner again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 lukonmaki

heres how it went....

I was passing last week and need a few things as i put a few quid on top of the bike i bought through the cycle to work scheme for accessories...!

went in about 2 weeks ago. sign on the door read "stocktaking"
    a few days later when passing i heard banging, knocked on the door and the owner opened it and told me they were doing a re-fit and said they would be open in a few days. this was a week ago last tuesday.

yesterday i called in agian and there was a workman cleaning up what was basically a shell.... no bikes, no people and he was of the opinion that it was closed for good and that the owner told him they were going out of business.

The cynic in me wants to say that he pocketed the government money and legged it but I'll keep my power dry for a little longer but I'm anxious. A colleague of mine handed over a grand before Christmas and has yet to choose her bike... It just smells off...!!

eug

never trust the work man, I still would recon they are going to reopen. They were doing a refit and it had been planned for long time. I also know that the refit was to extensive. And would take a good lot of time.
    Have you been in recently?

Daaboo wrote: »
    never trust the work man, I still would recon they are going to reopen. They were doing a refit and it had been planned for long time. I also know that the refit was to extensive. And would take a good lot of time.
    Have you been in recently?

yep.....

passed yesterday..! no sign, no communication of any kind.... just a shell...!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The cynic in me wants to say that he pocketed the government money and legged it but I'll keep my power dry for a little longer but I'm anxious. A colleague of mine handed over a grand before Christmas and has yet to choose her bike... It just smells off...!!

eug
    Im guessing since shes on the Cycle to Work scheme that she wasnt already a cyclist? And shes getting a €1000+ bike as her first buy?:eek:

Lucky b1tch, why isnt there a Cycle to College scheme for students.

Sad to hear about Mountain Trails but to be honest its not that much of a shock, the last few times Ive been in there the prices were ridiculous and the bikes were pretty crappy, not a great selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Thargor wrote: »
    Im guessing since shes on the Cycle to Work scheme that she wasnt already a cyclist? And shes getting a €1000+ bike as her first buy?:eek:
    Most of the bikes available on the scheme would be at the higher end; besides road bikes aren't cheap if they are new, even the starting level. Plus I know in the cycling forum there are many cyclists who have availed of the scheme. It would be great all right. :(

• Advertisement

I don't know I thought they had a pretty great selection.

http://mountaintrailbikeshop.com/Merida.aspx

Hmmmm....

In any case lads I'm a bit out of pocket and my friend is well out of it... If anyone knows where I could contact the owners I'd appreciate a pm. Or if they reappear elsewhere please let me know...

thanks... e

theres a phone number on the website, have you tried that. Also try the email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

mountain trail is gone, on the cards for a while, heard he might be opening in westside again.

Please let me know if the Westside opening happens....

Thanks...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

now based in westside business centre opposite dunnes stores , across from fine wines shud be open sometime this week prob friday ..ill ask later

good to hear that they are reopening agian.... any further information would be greatly appreciated...!

will be nice to have a bike shop close to my house all right, must check it out. Haven't seen any signs or anything for it yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Fairly sure we passed it yesterday (now I don't know if anything was *in* there). It is on the side of that row of shops etc opp Fine Wines, as someone said. It's more visible if you are coming from town side on the SQ/BOD road.

axiom32 wrote: »
    now based in westside business centre opposite dunnes stores , across from fine wines shud be open sometime this week prob friday ..ill ask later

Where? I cycled through the business centre to check today but there was nothing. There are two or three units which are unoccupied atm, but if they are supposed to open in the next month then they would not have been deserted as they were today.

• Advertisement

Where? I cycled through the business centre to check today but there was nothing. There are two or three units which are unoccupied atm, but if they are supposed to open in the next month then they would not have been deserted as they were today.

See my last post, if it's the same place, it's more on the main road and not in the same complex as Aldi. It's in the strip with the blinds shop.

Had a look in there this eve but saw no sign of a bike shop opening.....
    and frankly i find it odd no sign has been put up in the old place to say that they have moved....

my friend that dropped the grand got on to the department today to have all payments to mountain trail suspended for the cycle to work scheme,,, and i cant say i blame her. if they do plan to open again i feel they are going about it arseways...!

inisboffin wrote: »
    See my last post, if it's the same place, it's more on the main road and not in the same complex as Aldi. It's in the strip with the blinds shop.

That's where I was. There's no sign of a new shop opening.

That's where I was. There's no sign of a new shop opening.

That's so odd! I looked over as we were driving past the other day, as this thread popped into my mind. High up I could have sworn it said 'something Bikes', so I just assumed that was it.
    I'll investigate further tomorrow, or lay off the car-booze!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 vitus123

:
    axiom32 wrote: »

:):):) 10 days to go !

martyboy48 wrote: »
    ^^^
    Me thinks you just got screwed tangoed :(

not quite... my friend's employer (Galway city council) got on to the cycle to work people and have frozen mountain trail's payment... he told them that the shop vanished without a trace and they told him not to worry, there are proceedures for dealing with such situations...

Had a look in there this eve but saw no sign of a bike shop opening.....
    and frankly i find it odd no sign has been put up in the old place to say that they have moved....

my friend that dropped the grand got on to the department today to have all payments to mountain trail suspended for the cycle to work scheme,,, and i cant say i blame her. if they do plan to open again i feel they are going about it arseways...!

Regardless of how they have gone about doing it, I can confirm that they are to open beside the big shiny off license in westside. Job Done! And they are going to open very soon. So tell all your friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Are they going to be trading under the same name or are they wiping their hands of all debts and starting anew with a new registered owner like some car dealers?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sunshinyday

Any updates on whats happening with this shop? I dont have a bike but have friends who had debated purchasing here with the bike to work scheme, i guess thats their business lost.

Vitus 123 said 10 days to go earlier in the post, can you enligten us as to what is in 10 days?

• Advertisement

Daaboo wrote: »
    Regardless of how they have gone about doing it, I can confirm that they are to open beside the big shiny off license in westside. Job Done! And they are going to open very soon. So tell all your friends.

Believe it when I see it tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement