Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Trail Bike Shop Gone...?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Daaboo

Are they going to be trading under the same name or are they wiping their hands of all debts and starting anew with a new registered owner like some car dealers?

S.

How the hell would I know. I just heard where they were opening up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thebikeman

watch what you say about (wiping their hands of all debt ) you end up in court !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thebikeman

S.[/QUOTE]
    lukonmaki wrote: »
    not quite... my friend's employer (Galway city council) got on to the cycle to work people and have frozen mountain trail's payment... he told them that the shop vanished without a trace and they told him not to worry, there are proceedures for dealing with such situations...

:mad::mad::mad: get your facts right ( lukonmaki )

Galway city council run their own cycle to work scheme !

'' the cycle to work people have frozen payments to mountain trail,''
    well thats news to me as i have not signed up with them? ( ever )
    for their cycle to work scheme offers to bicycle shops !......

i used several other companies for the bike to work scheme all of which have my personal email details for contact ( if ever needed ).

i find it very strange that you yourself had to put a post up on boards on this matter........not your friend ? .......

or is that friends as you have quoted above that he told them that the shop had vanished ....and in several other of your Quotes you say her.....

any way as pointed out by others on boards.ie i can be contacted by email by your friend or friends if needed......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

meh, not a good shop anyway.

Me:do you have any compact flat bar road bikes?
    Shopguy: we have these lovely bikes here
    Me: those are hybrids, I was think more like a Lapeirre RCR?
    ShopGuy: as sure you'd be much better off with a bigger bike, way more comfortable

**** off, if I come in with a specific request don't try and flog me some cheap steal framed grandad bike because you have 15 of them in stock and want to flog them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

thebikeman wrote: »
    watch what you say about (wiping their hands of all debt ) you end up in court !
    Mind what you say, read the charter.
    If you make legal threats you'll be banned permanently from boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

So, page 3 of the thread and nobody is any the wiser as to what the situation is. And very obviously people affiliated with this shop are posting on thread now. How's about those of you who actually know what the story is actually post it up; location of new store, opening date etc as opposed to trying to identify conspiracies whilst typing in bold:rolleyes: At the end of the day it would serve you and your mysterious new shop a hell of a lot better especially seeing as you vanished without a trace from your old location.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

thebikeman wrote: »
    i find it very strange that you yourself had to put a post up on boards on this matter........not your friend ? .......

I find it strange that you respond to a thread full of questions looking for information about your store and fail to actually provide any update of the fate of the store....

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sunshinyday

If the Vitus123 reply is anything to go by earlier it mentioned 10 days. That was on 15/02 so what does the 25th hold??:confused:

Incidently Vitus is a brand of bike, Sean Kelly used them when riding professional in pdm. there used to be one on display in the shop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I doubt if the Mountain Trail Bike Shop intends to be a Phoenix Company at a new location so everybody chill and wait for them to reopen !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rockystar474649

So today's the day... Any news ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Haven't noticed any changes to the business park but might drop in again tonight/tomorrow and see if anything new is there, assuming this is still supposed to be the new location.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lukonmaki

So, page 3 of the thread and nobody is any the wiser as to what the situation is. And very obviously people affiliated with this shop are posting on thread now. How's about those of you who actually know what the story is actually post it up; location of new store, opening date etc as opposed to trying to identify conspiracies whilst typing in bold:rolleyes: At the end of the day it would serve you and your mysterious new shop a hell of a lot better especially seeing as you vanished without a trace from your old location.

Still nothing doing and still no sign of a shop....!!! the silence is deafening...!!!!
    I did however run into the French lad that used to work in Mountain Trail... he has opened in Moycullen... A sound lad and I wish him well....

And before anyone asks, I have nothing to do with either him or any other bike shop.. but delt with him in MT and found him efficient and sound...!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lukonmaki

Am I to take it that since Mountain Trail has not re-opened as planned in westside that I have been dealing with a bandit..?

There is a shop being painted/renovated in the westside business centre/park, but no signs of what it is yet. It will take another while yet from the looks of things before anyone can move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

had a deposit down on a bike there.
    The bike never arrived, and I struggled to get the deposit back.
    Took nealy 10 phone calls and 4 visitis to the place.
    I won't be going back at any rate.

lukonmaki wrote: »
    Am I to take it that since Mountain Trail has not re-opened as planned in westside that I have been dealing with a bandit..?

Meant to post this a few days ago, after reading this post i passed by that night and was looking for the premises mentioned, saw one place with no signage and lights on inside and i saw what appeared to be a bike on a high wall rack through some glass over the door.... so i wouldn't get too worried yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Meant to post this a few days ago, after reading this post i passed by that night and was looking for the premises mentioned, saw one place with no signage and lights on inside and i saw what appeared to be a bike on a high wall rack through some glass over the door.... so i wouldn't get too worried yet

If this is the unit on the far left (closest to Off licence) then it was some signage now "Westside cycle something" i think... was driving past today...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

That'd be the same place where I *thought* I saw a sign, but there wasn't one when I checked.
    It was auto-suggestion from my friend!
    At least my hallucination had a predictive quality!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Daaboo

yeah I saw that too! If you build it...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

"West Side Cycles" now painted on the front and they are working inside getting it ready to open.

• Advertisement

So are these the original guys or what? Does this amount to a phoenix company as mentioned earlier? seems odd that they would change their name since they would already be known in town and would have to build up a clientale. I'm happy enough to have a new shop close to home for bits and bobs but do find it a bit odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Markysparks

I work in Westside Shopping and have Seen Alan (the owner) from Mountain Trail around the shops and in getting a hair cut. Wearing clothes covered in dust and paint...so I guess its his shop thats opening ?...very suspect with a different name though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 saffron10

I work in Westside Shopping and have Seen Alan (the owner) from Mountain Trail around the shops and in getting a hair cut. Wearing clothes covered in dust and paint...so I guess its his shop thats opening ?...very suspect with a different name though !
    Don't know if its true or not but I heard from someone that knows him that he was in a partnership with Mountain Trail. Partnership went sour so he decided to go it on his own. He wasn't allowed to bring the name with him. Great to see a bike shop that side of town!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

He may also have had to wind up the company and name to break the lease on the property in town. Extortionate rents maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

So what's the story, has he, albeit it the form of his last partnership, done a legger with some people deposit money? Is this true or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

In fairness - if he was doing the honourable thing I'm sure the people with deposits left him their contact details and he should have contacted them to let them know that the shop was closing for a while, it would delay the delivery of their bicycles, but that they could either a) get a refund or b) wait for the new shop to open up and that their deposit would be honoured.

He doesn't seem to be doing that, does he?

Xiney wrote: »
    In fairness - if he was doing the honourable thing I'm sure the people with deposits left him their contact details and he should have contacted them to let them know that the shop was closing for a while, it would delay the delivery of their bicycles, but that they could either a) get a refund or b) wait for the new shop to open up and that their deposit would be honoured.

He doesn't seem to be doing that, does he?

Very true, from what I've read on this thread IMO he's either, a cowboy or a very poor business man. I'am in the market for a bike, if I'am made aware that he has shafted people out of deposits, he wont be getting any of my cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Everyone, I think we're getting to somewhere where allegations and conjecture start. Please refrain from this as it's speculation at best and malicious at worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 saffron10

Magnus wrote: »
    Everyone, I think we're getting to somewhere where allegations and conjecture start. Please refrain from this as it's speculation at best and malicious at worst.
    Hear Hear!!! Finally someone with a bit of sense.

• Advertisement

Magnus wrote: »
    saffron10 wrote: »
    Hear Hear!!! Finally someone with a bit of sense.

Totally agree, maybe it wasn't clear in my previous posted, but I myself was only commenting on the alleged issues others have posted about, some people seem to have a grievance with the previous business.

Best of luck to him if he's a straight up operator.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement