Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Trail Bike Shop Gone...?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sunshinyday

Is the West side cycles shop open yet?
    i was just looking at last weeks advertiser and see add in the bicycle section of bikes and accessories for sale.

anytime ive passed though the shutters have been down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Yeah its open I was in it at the weekend for some mudguards. The guy in the shop seems nice, not a ton of stock yet but sure they're just new. Didn't ask about anyone's deposit obviously....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cabbaginho

The landlady in the Cornstore is notorious for ripping off her tenants r.e. rental rates. I have heard that she refused to negotiate any rent reductions even in light of the recent chaos in the property market. While I don't know full story r.e. Mountain Trail I would imagine that this must have been a contributing factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sunshinyday

past the westside cycles on two occasions in the middle of the day this week and last and the shutters were down.

i was open before this as i saw bikes in the window

• Registered Users Posts: 27 solid oak

Guy was always helpful in cornstore and again bought a bike rack for the car off him last week in westside and good guy to deal with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

sorry for resurrecting an old thread..... but I'm just wondering if people have been in to West Side Cycles now that it has been open for a couple of months?
    I want to get my Trek mtb serviced and I was thinking of bringing it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Yeah I've been in. Its ok, I had repairs done, but I would no longer personally recommend it because when I brought the bike in he said it might need a new wheel, but charged me 50 euro to put ball bearings in as a repair. The axle broke completely the next day. I brought it back as soon as possible, and he charged me 50e for a new wheel, despite knowing who I was and that I'd been in to him the previous week, without even offering a discount or so much as an apology for the repair failing. At that point I'd spent at least 150 or more in his shop for various things and decided not to go back again if that's how he treats return customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭L'Enfer du Nord

Yeah I've been in. Its ok, I had repairs done, but I would no longer personally recommend it because when I brought the bike in he said it might need a new wheel, but charged me 50 euro to put ball bearings in as a repair. The axle broke completely the next day. I brought it back as soon as possible, and he charged me 50e for a new wheel, despite knowing who I was and that I'd been in to him the previous week, without even offering a discount or so much as an apology for the repair failing. At that point I'd spent at least 150 or more in his shop for various things and decided not to go back again if that's how he treats return customers.

I've had good if limited experience with repairs/servicing in the new bike shop AR DO ROTHER on Prospect Hill. They sell new bikes but a lot of the emphasis seems to be on second hand bikes and repairs. I believe this place is linked to a bike shop in/near Craughwell which I've never been to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement