Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long did it take you to finish your phd?

Options
  • 04-02-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been doing a PhD in Computer Science now for 4 & 1/5 years, bearing in mind that I took about 6 months off for personal reasons in the middle of it.. I am planning on submitting in June. So all in all I'll come in at just under 5 years....

If you are doing a PhD, how far are you in, and how long do you reckon you have left?

If you are finished, how long did it take?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭blucey

Casey_81 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been doing a PhD in Computer Science now for 4 & 1/5 years, bearing in mind that I took about 6 months off for personal reasons in the middle of it.. I am planning on submitting in June. So all in all I'll come in at just under 5 years....

If you are doing a PhD, how far are you in, and how long do you reckon you have left?

If you are finished, how long did it take?

Took me just a shade over 3 1/4 years to submit. Good that your personal reasons didnt derail you too badly.
    From the perspective of my day job, I think we need to aim at getting students out in MAX 4 years .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Did it within 7 years. Part-time really and also had at least a year off due to illness.

Advertisement