Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best internet Dongle in Carlow

Options
  • 04-02-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

Or more specifically, in Bagenalstown. Not for me but my sister in law. Don't know which one to recommend to her so I have come to ask this wise crowd here:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I would imagine it correlates with which mobile phone provider has best coverage in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 paulfitzg

The dongle you choose is location dependent. If in the town all should work but some better than others. You really need to try them out if you can. I would possibly suggest using Vodafone first as I think they have less customers that three so therefore less contention. If outside the town it is really hit and miss. I live about 4 miles outside Bagenalstown and have both the Three and Vodafone dongle. I get good reception all over the house with the three dongle but using it can be similar to dial up at peak times. I can get a 3G reception on the vodafone dongle if I hang it outside the window but the speed is generally pretty good, and it also has a lowish ping. O2 is also an option but I have no experience with them. The only thing for sure is that they will not perform as well as dsl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 southmarkuk

I am staying just out of town a couple of miles on the N9-Dublin.

I have 3 and only just get reception. (none downstairs)
    When I can't get reception it tries to roam to vodafone, which looks like a good signal but I don't connect because roaming is $$$$$$$$.

Carphone warehouse will lend you a dongle to try.

Also get your dongle from ebay or you may end up with one locked to a network - and it will cost more if you buy in town (like I did :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Thanks for the help guys. She ended up going with three. Just up helping her with it now and she is only getting one bar out of five for reception and the videos are painfully slow loading up on youtube. Not great really. Shame as she is in the centre of town

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cherrybomb

I live in the country and use Ripplecom have to say its amazing compared to when I used Vodafone and not much of a price difference either

• Advertisement
Advertisement