Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CC - Collections Write Off

Options
  • 04-02-2010 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey all,

Just looked at my online banking statement there. My credit card has an entry as "collections write off" to a sum > 2.5x my credit limit.

I owed < 1k on my card, 300 was paid on the date of "next payment due by" per the online statement, and on the same day was a payment of 2.6k to the card with "collections write off" as the despcription.

The account was skimmed within the last 6 months, and I was reissued with a new card, a refund for the transactions that occured during that time are the only thing I can think this could relate to.

Anyone got any ideas as to what it could be??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Best thing to do is to ring your credit card provider in the morning and get this figured out as soon as possible.

Advertisement