Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wonder if you can will your Steam/WoW account etc

Options
  • 04-02-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭

Idea just popped into my head, on Steam at least, I've a few hundred euros worth of stuff, mainly bought in sales, so maybe didn't spend all that, but still.

If I dropped dead in the morning, I'd like to know that "my" games would go on being enjoyed for years to come!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Heard this mentioned on the radio a few months back: http://legacylocker.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've a WoW account with a level 80 Warlock and Paladin, but I'm so bored with the game I'm actually thinking of selling it - which is against Blizzards terms of service. So if they won't let you sell them, they probably won't let you leave them in a will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Why don't you just write down your user/pass in an envelope and say here...give so and so this when I die. Easy ?!

Selling WoW accounts etc is a bit gay tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Morbid thread!

You take your Steam account with you to the afterlife, <3 Valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Well, the reason I ask is because most if not all online services state that you can't allow a third person to use your accounts.

So Steam might get a bit suspicious in 150 years time when my great great great grandkids are logging in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah, I'm sure STEAM will be around in 150 years when you're great grandkids are loggin in through their minds via some AI device in the back of their flying car.

Stop worrying, ye may die tomorrow, I let loads of my friends use my steam accounts...of which I have a few

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm sure STEAM will be around in 150 years when you're great grandkids are loggin in through their minds via some AI device in the back of their flying car.
    And they'll still charge more then anywhere else :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I used to play Eve Online many moons ago. Started playing just after Beta, and had 40 million sp on my account and its was highly skilled in Warfare.

I sold my account on Ebay not long after the Titan patch came out.

I got €750 euro for it, twice as much as i was expecting.

Advertisement