Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is MAG Ireland Still Functioning?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

In all honesty I had almost given up on this topic.

I sent two emails throught the MAG Ireland website "Contact Us" section and recieved no response

My original email asked, what representations have MAG Ireland made regarding the 30KPH restrictions in Dublin. I wish to know what contact have MAG Ireland had with Dublin City Council Officials and Public Representitives?

My second occasion to contact MAG Ireland was in a professional capacity and again I failed to get a reply.

Now that MAG Ireland has voice here on Boards, I would like to discuss my original email and also to make direct contact with a representitve of MAG Ireland relating to my second email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    In all honesty I had almost given up on this topic.

I sent two emails throught the MAG Ireland website "Contact Us" section and recieved no response

It's possible the mail was lost. MAG are about to change hosting providers owing to a number of technical issues with the current host including problems with the scripts that run on the site.
    Pat Dunne wrote: »
    My original email asked, what representations have MAG Ireland made regarding the 30KPH restrictions in Dublin. I wish to know what contact have MAG Ireland had with Dublin City Council Officials and Public Representitives?

My second occasion to contact MAG Ireland was in a professional capacity and again I failed to get a reply.

Now that MAG Ireland has voice here on Boards, I would like to discuss my original email and also to make direct contact with a representitve of MAG Ireland relating to my second email.

Might I suggest you contact the MAG by phone or in person?
    http://www.magireland.org/content/contacting-mag

Please do ring ahead if you are calling to the office in person as it's staffed on a voluntary basis, so it's not always possible for someone to be there during normal opening hours.

While Boards.ie is a useful place to discuss your points, I myself am only here from time to time owing to the usual work and family commitments. As a result, you'll generaly get a faster formal response by e-mailing the MAG office directly on: office@magireland.org

slapper2 wrote: »
    have been trying to get mag cork going againg for some time

Can you please e-mail office@magireland.org with your details? We may have resources or contacts which would be of assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭slapper2

carsQhere wrote: »
    Can you please e-mail office@magireland.org with your details? We may have resources or contacts which would be of assistance.
    no bother
    once we finalise stuff down here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Perhaps it`s time to forge some links with the French in terms of learning how to protest...

http://ukfrancebikers.com/2010/03/14/french-motorcyclists-more-angry-than-ever/

It`s fair to say that whatever oul nonsense the French or British Politicians come up with our domestic breed will strive to emulate...be prepared I say !!

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Perhaps it`s time to forge some links with the French in terms of learning how to protest...

http://ukfrancebikers.com/2010/03/14/french-motorcyclists-more-angry-than-ever/

It`s fair to say that whatever oul nonsense the French or British Politicians come up with our domestic breed will strive to emulate...be prepared I say !!

eh it aint hard to orginise one

the problem is the irish are to lazy to do anything about it

Our Govt. has a long tradition of ignoring protests. Ask any farmer or haulier or taxi driver what blocking up the city achieved for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

What about an organised toll protest.... what bikers did in UK a good few years ago where a toll charge for bikes was 50p and was hassle taking off gloves (esp in the rain) and rooting for change.......... the bikers organised about 2000 riders and each of them presented a £20 or £50 note, got their change, took the next exit off and returned down the other side and did the same. The lack of float money severely hampered the smooth running of the toll bridge. The toll people changed their biker policy and allowed bikes through for free after that.

746watts wrote: »
    What about an organised toll protest.... what bikers did in UK a good few years ago where a toll charge for bikes was 50p and was hassle taking off gloves (esp in the rain) and rooting for change.......... the bikers organised about 2000 riders and each of them presented a £20 or £50 note, got their change, took the next exit off and returned down the other side and did the same. The lack of float money severely hampered the smooth running of the toll bridge. The toll people changed their biker policy and allowed bikes through for free after that.
    hundred euro notes lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,450 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

746watts wrote: »
    What about an organised toll protest....

The M50 toll has been removed for bikes, and the other tolls are easily avoided on a bike with little delay (and motorways are too boring, and exposed to crosswinds, to be pleasant to ride on a bike anyway.)

Hard to organise a protest on a motorway as you can't legally stop on one and nobody on a learner permit can legally take part.

And after the first couple of bikes they'd just lift the barriers anyway, would rather take the loss rather than let the protesters achieve what they want.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

What about the Port Tunnel? Would sound deadly at least!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Simona1986 wrote: »

Port Tunnel was made primarily to get trucks out of the city center in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Port Tunnel was made primarily to get trucks out of the city center in fairness.

Its almost worth the charge if you have a decent can though :D

Soon as the toll booth operators twig there's a protest underway they lift the barriers. Protest neutralised then and there.

Protests can work if they have a monetary effect on the target audience, but that's seldom the case.

it does:D
    KamiKazi wrote: »
    ha the ones that fit in there lol
    hobochris wrote: »
    Its almost worth the charge if you have a decent can though :D

i did on a charity run andit was worth the trip through it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

Been up the port tunnel heading to Skerries with a few others. Cann't say I found anything special about it TBH. Worth doing once though. ( Did it a few times in my taxi. Most foreigners a little surprised by the length of it )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

SlabMurphy wrote: »
    Been up the port tunnel heading to Skerries with a few others. Cann't say I found anything special about it TBH. Worth doing once though. ( Did it a few times in my taxi. Most foreigners a little surprised by the length of it )

AFAIK it is the longest city tunnel in europe

Advertisement