Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I have toiletries in my main luggage?

Options
  • 05-02-2010 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Can I bring stuff like shampoo, soap and other toiletries in my main luggage (not carry on)? I feel like it'll be ok but I keep seeing those oz border patrol shows and they're making me paranoid!!

Also what about bringing toiletries on the plane. I read on the website that you can't bring deodorant (carry on or main luggage!) but what about normal liquids like roll on, toothpaste, etc.

Answers are greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Goiter wrote: »
    Can I bring stuff like shampoo, soap and other toiletries in my main luggage (not carry on)? I feel like it'll be ok but I keep seeing those oz border patrol shows and they're making me paranoid!!

Also what about bringing toiletries on the plane. I read on the website that you can't bring deodorant (carry on or main luggage!) but what about normal liquids like roll on, toothpaste, etc.

Try and bring travel-sized toiletries. You should be ok with normal-sized ones them but it just takes one narky over-zealous customs officer.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Goiter wrote: »

http://travelsecure.infrastructure.gov.au/international/lags/index.aspx

* Liquid, aerosol or gel products must be in containers of 100 millilitres/grams or less.
    * The containers must be carried in one transparent, resealable plastic bag, like the one in the image below.
    * The four sides of the bag's sealed area must add up to no more than 80 centimetres (e.g. 20x20 cm or 15x25 cm).
    * The plastic bag must be the type that can be sealed and resealed with a sealing mechanism, like a sandwich bag or freezer bag.
    * Only one bag is allowed for each passenger, with exceptions for carers who may carry the bag/s of the people in their care, including children.
    * All containers must fit comfortably into the plastic bag and the bag must be sealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

You can put what you like in your checked in luggage (well in terms of toiletries )...

refer to Hussey for carry on luggage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Just bring the basics (mini size is ideal) to keep you going for the first few days and buy what you require over here...... It Australia .....not Deepest Africa... they got all the same brands and probably at similar price's.

No Use filling your suitcase full of stuff you can easy obtain here.... otherwise you are at the mercy of luggage weight restrictions and a sore back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Daithio2

What mandrake said ^^^

Going over the weight restrictions is seriously expensive.

You can bring liquids in carry on as long as they're under 100mls. I'm not sure about spray deoderant, just get roll on to be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Its funny how Irish people will cart huge bottles of shampoo and shower gel half way around the world, but try and get them to carry a small bottle of sunscreen to the beach.... Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Goiter

hussey wrote: »
    http://travelsecure.infrastructure.gov.au/international/lags/index.aspx

* Liquid, aerosol or gel products must be in containers of 100 millilitres/grams or less.
    * The containers must be carried in one transparent, resealable plastic bag, like the one in the image below.
    * The four sides of the bag's sealed area must add up to no more than 80 centimetres (e.g. 20x20 cm or 15x25 cm).
    * The plastic bag must be the type that can be sealed and resealed with a sealing mechanism, like a sandwich bag or freezer bag.
    * Only one bag is allowed for each passenger, with exceptions for carers who may carry the bag/s of the people in their care, including children.
    * All containers must fit comfortably into the plastic bag and the bag must be sealed.

Nice stuff!! Thanks!
    mandrake04 wrote: »
    Its funny how Irish people will cart huge bottles of shampoo and shower gel half way around the world, but try and get them to carry a small bottle of sunscreen to the beach.... Strange

Haha! Yeah, usually I would just bring the basics but I got some fancy stuff from the boots clearance sale (75% off) just a few weeks ago and some joop aftershave for christmas. No real point leaving the stuff at home. I doubt its really gonna effect the weight that much. I'm gonna weigh it just before I go just in case.

Advertisement