Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theft/vandalism

Options
  • 05-02-2010 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I have a theory that some undesirable/bmw driving type is going around south Dublin stealing towing eye covers from the fronts of old mercs! What put me on to it is that i have had three nicked from outside the house on two of my cars. I have been talking to a few other owners of the older more reliable old girls and it seems that they have also fallen victim to the the scrote! I have bonded my towing eye cover to the car, and bits of mach 3 razor blades to the back of it leaving the normal appearance. I would encourage other owners to take measures of their own. This may sound like the ramblings of a loony but having had to stump up the price of replacement plus painting twice (e150), i feel entitled to vent.

So has anyone else fallen victim, or does anyone know who the hell has a fetish for plastic flaps?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Must REsist Urge to post String of 'Flap'Jokes..........................

AAAAAAAAAARG

that is a but random a thing to steal alright, Just had a look at my 300SE and its attached by a little bit of Plastic.

Anyway the main conspiracy here is the OP's blatent Marque-ism,

So if I drive a BMW I'm a Scrote, but if I drive a Merc I'm a pilliar of the Community, then Ha where do I fit, I have (amongst many vehicles) A Merc 300SE and a BMW 320CL :confused:

So are we going to see the Towin eye cover on a chain as a fashion item, much like the 3point stars in the Eighties?

it seems very random tho and I'd like to ask the mods not to move or close this thread til we flesh out a reasonable theory as to WHY

for those of ye without a Mercedes PArked outside for handy reference, tis a reasonably large piece of Plastic, approximatley the size of an envelope

its fairly clear in this picture
    dsc00175ou1.jpg
    http://img219.imageshack.us/i/dsc00175ou1.jpg/
    NB thats not my Car, thats in waaaaaaaaaaaaay better condition than mine :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

I drive a BMW e39 but I dont have a fetish for merc bits, I feel a bit offended, but feck u and ur merc.:D:pac:

The BMW E39 is the BMW 5 Series made between 1995 to 2004. Widely regarded as one of the best four-door saloon cars of all time.

I think your jealous coz you only have a merc, although every police car I pass thinks I'm a drug dealer, so your not alone in your suspicion of beemer drivers.

the Profiling angle is interesting

Cops see me in the 320 I get pulled over and questioned
    photo.jpg
    http://www.carsplusplus.com/pictures/1977/18974/photo.jpg
    Mine is one of those, but its Red and has nicer Alloys

Cops see me in the 300SE not a problem

Thats why I do all my Drug Smugglin in the Merc;)

I suppose it could be the way I dress, that's me wearing the sunglasses.
    Sorry I know this is off topic of the conspiracy, OP if you want to get to the bottom of this you came to the right place, a few more details and it will be solved, FACT.

bloods-crips.jpg

• Advertisement

Solved.

The illuminati led you to believe that BMW driving scum were to blame, BUT it's Merc owners who lost theirs, stealing yours!

Mine is smaller (wouldn't look much on a chain), but I also lost one (back) after removing it to give a tow, but then I got a brain wave and went to a garage and had a look at a nice beemer same colour as mine, borrowed the one off that. Sh1t now I sound like scum!:o

The reason it's alway's the front cover is because they are mostly the one's that are removed to tow it, and would be removed quite often, so you need to look at undesirable/bmw merc driving type's.

Just rang a few Wrecker Yards here in Brisbane

That part is only available from Mercedes Main Dealers and cost over $300. :eek:

so that explains that part of it, Now we have to get to the bottom of Why the OP Presumed that the Act had to have been carried out by Some Gurrier in a BMW.

Why do people asscosiate Skobieness and BMW's, surely the Hyundai Xcel would be a prime car for the Urchin classes :D

Just rang a few Wrecker Yards here in Brisbane

That part is only available from Mercedes Main Dealers and cost over $300. :eek:

Thats means me and my beemer are hitting the southside looking for mercs with towing plate still attached, hopefully without razor blades attached.
    Why do people asscosiate Skobieness and BMW's

I just don't know:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

J
    Why do people asscosiate Skobieness and BMW's, surely the Hyundai Xcel would be a prime car for the Urchin classes :D

Well you own a beemer.Why are you knicking the plastic caps Mahatma?:D:D:pac:

300 dollars thats a lot of money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Perhaps it fell off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

uprising2 wrote: »
    I suppose it could be the way I dress, that's me wearing the sunglasses.
    Sorry I know this is off topic of the conspiracy, OP if you want to get to the bottom of this you came to the right place, a few more details and it will be solved, FACT.

bloods-crips.jpg

Bloods and crips use secret hand signals too. ;)

Perhaps it fell off?

Ah but 3 of em, Bit of a coincidence :eek: and you know the accepted stance here on Coincidence
    379071.jpg

I'm still waitin for the OP to explain his Stance on BMW's, or anyone for that matter?

Ah but 3 of em, Bit of a coincidence :eek: and you know the accepted stance here on Coincidence

I'm still waitin for the OP to explain his Stance on BMW's, or anyone for that matter?

Yea 3 didn't just fall off, then other's in the area, but $300 a go, I was shocked, it's not really a conspiracy, maybe some shady BMW driver also knows the price of them and has a customer who will buy as many as he can get, sure all the owners such as OP need's another now, it's recession economics, and why pay whatever they cost off a main dealer when theres a spare part man down the road selling used one's at a fraction of the price, this spare part man could well drive a BMW too, but I think the OP really has something against BMW drivers in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 yarmanfromdebar

Well i have to add, it may have been a little harsh en-compassing all bmw drivers with the thieving types. But, there's been an enormous upsurge in shady looking e36s floating around with drivers with caps pointing skyward, wheezy four pots, chanting through drain pipe exhausts, occupants peering out through obscenely tinted windows eyeing up anything that hasn't been Super glued to the ground! Apologies to any driver that drives a real BMW.

Well i have to add, it may have been a little harsh en-compassing all bmw drivers with the thieving types. But, there's been an enormous upsurge in shady looking e36s floating around with drivers with caps pointing skyward, wheezy four pots, chanting through drain pipe exhausts, occupants peering out through obscenely tinted windows eyeing up anything that hasn't been Super glued to the ground! Apologies to any driver that drives a real BMW.

Most probably is these bmw drivers, the covers are $300au each, what are they here?, I'd say it is them, stealing them, selling them, buying drugs, petrol, etc, you never mentioned the characters you were talking about in the OP, google a booby trap for your cover that will blow their hands off if they try it again, that'll teach them.

I'm sure we could rig ir so that the Fuel tank explodes if they tamper with the car

that'll Lern em :D:D:D:D

Advertisement