Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new business hardware

Options
  • 05-02-2010 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

hi, i know pcs well but not much on server side. so ...

new business software needs :-

dual or quad server, 4 hdd, 8GB ram (headroom 8 hdd 16 gb)
    Window Server 2003 – 64 Bit and 6 pcs dual core - Windows 7

plus second to none Service and Maintenance plan

any recommendations ? whats dell like compared to domestic options ?

also why isnt my software running ws2008, any disadvantages in running 2003 ?
    i expect the cpus will never be really taxed, so by disadvantages i mean security or ms maintaining 2003 rather than any efficiency gains etc.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

I can recommend Dell for the servers and service - The Poweredge R710 would be a good fit. http://url.ie/4ybn

"why isnt my software running ws2008" what is the application?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jaya

thanks Tomtata, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jaya

just saw the question, thought it was your siggy:o.

its a for a pal, he just showed my the sys req for the software, ...some all in one business solution, licensed by the year, quite expensive, ...ws2003 had me wondering when i saw it first, ive since read the upgrade isnt necessary for most and 03 will be patched for another few years.

any need for concerns re '03 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

Win 2003 is rock solid, if its just for hosting the app then I wouldn't have any concerns

Advertisement