Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else starting C25k?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

i just started the c25k tonight....it is years since i have done anything but it all went perfect...downloaded the podcasts to my phone so i knew when to run/walk...

So do most people here have a long term goal or is it just the 9 weeks???

Hi there

Well done on getting off the couch!

Since I completed C25k I've used Hal Higdon's training plans.

The first one took me up to 10k and now I'm training for a half marathon.

Good luck with your journey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

Started C25k after a lifetime of hating sport and not believing I'm capable of doing anything active.

I'm on week 2 and will do run 2 tomorrow.

I'm motivated to do this and I love the satisfaction when I finish one of those 30 minute sessions. I don't really believe I'm capable of running for minutes at a time. It just doesn't seem possible for someone who isn't fit and has never really run before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Started C25k after a lifetime of hating sport and not believing I'm capable of doing anything active.

I'm on week 2 and will do run 2 tomorrow.

I'm motivated to do this and I love the satisfaction when I finish one of those 30 minute sessions. I don't really believe I'm capable of running for minutes at a time. It just doesn't seem possible for someone who isn't fit and has never really run before.

That's brill. Good luck with it. You' ll be running 5k in early 2012. What a great way to start a new year!

Couch25k was a great program for me. I started it feb 2010 and since my first 5k here in this thread, I've managed to build right up to 10k, 10 mile and even a half marathon this summer. Once you get the bug......

Keep us posted on how you're getting on and congrats on reaching week 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

Well I stuck with it and am now on Week 6. Good days and bad days. Definitely feeling the benefit of this and managed to persuade my wife to start running too. I'm 1 week ahead of her.

I'm struggling to find a 5k fun run in the new year so I might have to be patient.

I got some good advice : get good running shoes and make sure to stretch properly. That's made a difference for sure.

It's cold though... running around the neighbourhood at 7:00am is a bit chilly :D

Advertisement