Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deb & Mock Costs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Mocks are paid for with the money we give at the start of the year.

Leaving Cert is going to be €109.

we're doing our mocks in our base classrooms which are boiling, but we'll be doing the lc in the hall in the school which will be freezing.

Can't believe some of you aren't allowed go to the bathroom.
    I drink a bottle of water in every exam, and have to get up and go halfway through just for the walk. I hate having to sit there for three hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Leaving cert costs 109 euro. Mocks in my school are 100, but ten euro added for lcvp, music, and tech drawing. I think its fair, considering theyre being corrected outside the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

Some are in classrooms and some of us are in the hall.
    Our school refused to put the heating on at the start of the school year until the end of November as there wasn't enough money. Now they only put it on 2-3 times a week if we're lucky. The exam hall is freezing and has like 2 small rads for about 200 people. I'm jealous of those of you in boiling hot classrooms, would take it over the cold anyday. Will be sitting the leaving in the same hall and will kick up if its still this cold.

Also, we're not even aloud coats or hats or scarves etc. "incase we cheat". =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

tl;dr threadbut will at a later stage. Some of my teachers will pay for postage with their own money.

Swizz wrote: »
    tl;dr threadbut will at a later stage. Some of my teachers will pay for postage with their own money.

Are you serious.
    That is disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I think the whole 'no coats/scarfs/gloves' idea is retarded while teachers swan in wearing Massive woolly jumpers and coats. You can't concentrate when you're freezing cold at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I thought it was hard to write with my coat on the other day, sounds strange but it kept rubbing off things and making noises which was very distracting. Think i'll just pack on the clothes on Monday.

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    I think the whole 'no coats/scarfs/gloves' idea is retarded while teachers swan in wearing Massive woolly jumpers and coats. You can't concentrate when you're freezing cold at all!

I know, couldn't help but look over at them a few times wondering how toasty there were :( Needless to say, this week I will be bringing a scarf and gloves incase because there is no way I'm going to be slowed down this week!

OH! Heat Packs are Absoloutely BRILLIANT if you can get your hands on them. You click a little button and they warm up for about 10 minutes - just enough time to unnumb your hands and they can be re-used over and over. Or else bring in a mini water bottle. Loads of places seem to be selling them lately.

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    OH! Heat Packs are Absoloutely BRILLIANT if you can get your hands on them. You click a little button and they warm up for about 10 minutes - just enough time to unnumb your hands and they can be re-used over and over. Or else bring in a mini water bottle. Loads of places seem to be selling them lately.

Have a few of these and honestly have no time to hold them! One had will always be cold for me :(

• Advertisement

Hmm. If you brought in a fingerless glove and put it onto your palm should be okay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Bubblebeard

It is quite unfair seeing as it costs less to get and correct the papers than were paying , and what with the economic downturn and shiz , theres so much crap to pay for ! I know my shool asked for a voluntary contribution of 120 euro then another 40 euro and people have to pay seperate money for supplies in subjects like Art and DCG , tad bit crazy :O

Advertisement