Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website email problem with gmail

Options
  • 05-02-2010 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Maybe the wrong forum - but it is to do with websites and form processing - MODS please move if incorrect.

I'm having a problem - all the completed and submitted forms on my website are processed by "FormToEmail.php" and sent to my gmail account. Since the beginning of January all these emails are being placed in the gmail SPAM folder - not in my inbox. I am of the opinion that the problem arises because the domain name of the email address of the sender does not match the sending smtp server (my server) and Google have updated their spam filters to monitor this. Clicking "Not SPAM" only has the effect on single email addresses.

I have tried renaming the email field in the form to a text field but then there are no details in the "FROM" column in the inbox - actually the processing file is supposed to reject entries without an email address.

I rely on gmail on my phone to alert me to new enquiries and anything in SPAM does not come through.

Anyone have any ideas? The host is a Linux server.

Cheers,
    Alan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Not certain this works but try adding the "from" email address on the form submittals into your contacts list to prevent them being junked.

Failing that you could try creating a label for the form emails and direct the messages into it by creating a filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It could also be the format of the emails and / or the main IP of the sending server

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Check the header's timestamp format in the email also. I've seen Horde screw up if the timestamp is the default one.

I'd expect Google to have this sussed, but if Horde don't, then there's a chance that gmail doesn't.

Advertisement