Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twinned with Mars

Options
  • 05-02-2010 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

As part of the 'Lovely Weather Art and Climate Change Public Art Project', its hopped a part of the Letterkenny/Milford electoral area will be "twinned" with a physical feature on Mars.
    Donegal people are being asked to nominate an area, feature, beach, landmark, anything really. The forerunner at the moment seems to be Island Roy in Mulroy Bay, whose name translates as Red Island.
    Please send your nominations today, to John Cunningham at the Regional Cultural Centre, Port Road, Letterkenny on 074 9129186 or email rcc@donegalcoco.ie

I'm going to suggest The Harry Blaney bridge, as it leads to a barren, harsh landscape, seldom visited by man or beast (Fanad:D), which is exactly like Mars. Plus in a few years time, the same amount of people will have visited Mars as have used the Bridge:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

I think I'll nominate the potholes along my road - very similar to the surface of Mars, I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

There have been a few wee green men seen in Fanad too.
    Can't say if they are locals or foreign nationals, but reports are fairly convincing, according to the Bar props in the Stores pub.:D

Advertisement