Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Cost

Options
  • 05-02-2010 3:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I know tattoo cost vary but i'm only looking for a rough estimate. I'm looking to get a flame tattoo running from my wrist up my arm on both side. Any ideas on the cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Minimum cost is about €50 to €80 in most places, this is for a small tattoo that may take a few minutes. Go to the hour mark and your looking at €100 an hour, 5 hour tattoo = €500.

If the tattoo is the size your talking about it would be hard to estimate how much it would cost. Taking into account diffuculty, colour and size the artist will give you a final price which may work out cheaper than €100 an hour and may not. Some shops may do you a deal where 15 hours work would be €1500 they might call it at €1400 etc.

There really is no way of anyone on the internet of knowing the cost of the tattoo you want. Come up with some ideas of what you want, have a look at some portfolios (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055505603) check out the shops you like and have a chat with some of the artists. See what prices and designs they give you and then decide for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jippers87

Dancor is right. My tattoo artists minimum charge is E50 and he takes that as a deposit for him to do the stencil etc

The best thing to do is take a sketch of your tattoo to a good tattoo artist, get them to size it and give you an estimate.

My tattoo artist does not work by the hour. He charged me E200 for my lower back piece and it took 2.5 hours. He did an excellent job and it was well worth the cash!

If it is your first, ask around for referrals. Where are you based? And remember > "a good tattoo is never cheap, and a cheap tattoo is never good" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 agent 47

Yeah it's my first but I've been wanting this one for 6 months now so i definitely know i want it.
    I based around Dublin. Have you any referrals? And I'm not too worried about the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭celtboy1888

get your self up north..my tattooist is in enniskillen, co, fermanagh, she is a real good artist, and the cost would be cheaper..as everything is in the north..but if you have to make a few visits...might not work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Yeah €100 per hr is the norm. If you want quality work gotta pay the € € € ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Please don't dig up old threads, particularly when you've nothing much to add to the discussion!
    Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement