Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal IPN

Options
  • 05-02-2010 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've implementing automatic paypal processing for a web application. If I use the IPN simulator in paypal sandbox then it works as it should. However, when I try creating a button using the paypal website (using the sellers account) then when I complete a payment the IPN doesnt receive the item_number1 value and I need this to process the payment.

Anyone ever encounter this before?

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

John_Mc,

Are you using an "Add to cart" or a "Buy Now" button? Buy Now buttons will not have "item_number1" it will just have "item_number". Can you post the button code so I check it?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

John_Mc wrote: »
    Hi,

I've implementing automatic paypal processing for a web application. If I use the IPN simulator in paypal sandbox then it works as it should. However, when I try creating a button using the paypal website (using the sellers account) then when I complete a payment the IPN doesnt receive the item_number1 value and I need this to process the payment.

Anyone ever encounter this before?

Thanks,
    John

Hi,

As maceocc2 said previously.. There is no Item_Number1 in the IPN variables list.

Here's a good list of them:
    https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_html_IPNandPDTVariables

I've done a fair bit of work with PayPal and IPN (c# / .net). If you want to post your code up we can have a look..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Well guys,

Thanks for your replies. I meant to post up the code last night but didn't get a chance, will do so tonight.

I tried reading it without the _1 added to the end and it was the same. The paypal IPN simulator does send it with the _1 though.

Not sure if it's Buy now or a Cart purchase, didnt really know there was a difference to be honest :o

Will post that code tonight - thanks once again for the replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Got this to work lads, thanks very much for your replies. I had created a Buy now button so there was no _1 being concatenated onto item_number.

Was able to confirm this by viewing the IPN history page.

Advertisement