Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

YOUNGEST BRITISH WW2 RVICE CASUALTY

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

He was only just out of short trousers, a fresh-faced young lad with an overwhelming desire to serve his king and country.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth...

A huge crime that the UK has forgotten the significance of their MN history especially during WW2. I was honoured and proud to visit the MN memorial near the Tower of London last year and deeply disappointed to see the terrible and minuscule MN exhibit at the Imperial War Museum this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Dyflin wrote: »
    I think I just threw up a little in my mouth...

A huge crime that the UK has forgotten the significance of their MN history especially during WW2. I was honoured and proud to visit the MN memorial near the Tower of London last year and deeply disappointed to see the terrible and minuscule MN exhibit at the Imperial War Museum this year.

I couldn't agree more. What the MN endured in the North Atlantic, the Med and the Arctic was every bit as horrific as the RN, but they do seem to be forgotten about.

I think there is a memorial in Liverpool as well btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I have just been up to the memorial at Tower Hill and there are three names listed un the North Devon, the closest of which is R Earshaw. I wonder if he changed his name because of his age?

I'll stick a photo up later.

Advertisement