Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cufon not working in IE7 for me

Options
  • 05-02-2010 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭

I am porting a client's web site to WordPress and using Cufon instead of images for a nice font in the menu.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be working in IE7 (I only have IETester to test with). Cufon is working in FF3.6, Chrome, IE8, Safari, Opera).
    Even a demo page on another site doesn't work.

I am using Cufon 1.0.9 and calling Cufon.now() at the end of the page.

What am I missing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

The first thing I notice is you are using the blueprint css framework which has itself a seperate css file for browsers < IE8. Maybe the conflict is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

KJF wrote: »
    The first thing I notice is you are using the blueprint css framework which has itself a seperate css file for browsers < IE8. Maybe the conflict is there?
    That might be the case on my site, but what about the demo page which also fails in IE7 (i.e. font not changed)?

I commented out this separate CSS file and the issue still happens - font not transformed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I think I have it fixed - the latest thread in the cufon forum was about cufon not working in IE7.
    The answer was the first item in the FAQ (which I *swore* I read) - it says to load jquery before cufon.

So, I made the cufon script depend on jquery:
    <?php wp_enqueue_script( 'cufon', get_bloginfo('template_url') .'/js/cufon-yui.js', [b]array('jquery')[/b] ); ?>

It's still not perfect - the "Main Courses" menu item is on a different line to the other menu items.

Advertisement