Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia router wont accept wep key

• 05-02-2010 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Long story short.......I'm with vodafone and only have my old router. I had to reinstall my router with the original cd I got when I started with eircom. I can't complete the installation because it asks me to include the network adapters and installation stops. Everything is as it was except the internet light is red.

When i try to access the network, it says that the wep key is invalid.

Any ideas welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭cpu.dude

bennyob wrote: »
    Long story short.......I'm with vodafone and only have my old router. I had to reinstall my router with the original cd I got when I started with eircom. I can't complete the installation because it asks me to include the network adapters and installation stops. Everything is as it was except the internet light is red.

When i try to access the network, it says that the wep key is invalid.

Any ideas welcome.
    In order to find out your WEP key, it is best to connect with an ethernet cable and access the router that way.

Go to http://192.168.1.254 > Wireless (your wireless password is the encryption key).

I do HIGHLY recommend that you change this as the Eircom Netopias can easily be cracked.

In Wireless, select Advanced Configuration Options > Privacy (change to WPA-PSK).

Now, in the box marked Pre Shared Key, type in any password you want over 8 characters long.

Before you click Save and Restart, you may also change your SSID (eircomxxxx xxxx to whatever you want).

opxvcw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Nice one, i'll give it a go later.

Advertisement