Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairspray "the musical"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Its finishing forever on west end in march

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Is it?? I would've loved to see it in London.

I think I shall be going to this in November, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the theatre is like too!

Anyone know is there a huge difference between the stage show and the recent movie? I'm shockingly ignorant, had never even heard of Hairspray before the film!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

YAY:D

Sorry, I'm a bit late on the uptake :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

fonpokno wrote: »
    !

Anyone know is there a huge difference between the stage show and the recent movie? I'm shockingly ignorant, had never even heard of Hairspray before the film!

You know that the recent film was a remake yeah? The original is fantastic too.

I saw Hairspray on Broadway in October 2008. Absolutely brilliant show. There isn't a massive amount of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Oh yeah I do Chinafoot, but I hadn't come across Hairspray at all til the most recent film. I'm ignorant. :P

I think I'll have to go see it when it comes here if I can afford it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 queenbeeuty

fonpokno wrote: »
    Is it?? I would've loved to see it in London.

I think I shall be going to this in November, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the theatre is like too!

I went to see Hairspray in London and it really is fantastic,you should definitely go see it in the Grand canal theatre,especially if it will
    be most of the West end cast!

Theres not much difference between the theatre version and the recent film ,a few small tweaks but the majority of it is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 markie24dublin

I love that Michael Ball will be playing the mom like he did in the West End production of Hairspray..

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dcfc

Just got tickets, can't wait to see this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Miguele1

I love that Michael Ball will be playing the mom like he did in the West End production of Hairspray..

Hehe, yes... i would be seen it!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭ruffmut

We saw this in London not so long ago. It is a great show and we really enjoyed it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 briankim09

Thanks so much for your links. So great.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mr.spids

great caNT WAIT

• Registered Users Posts: 16 piggysue

Saw it in London 2 years ago! can't wait to see it in dublin. love Michael Ball :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

They should do Polyester the musical, much better movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Nolanger wrote: »
    They should do Polyester the musical, much better movie.

Indeed.... 6month ban...much better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Anyone know if this show would be suitable for non-English language speakers. I have some guests coming to the country who don't speak any English, and it would be nice to take them to a show.

So is there plenty of singing and dancing, or would there be too much dialogue for non-English speakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

Got tickets for the matinee next Wednesday. Looking forward to it :D

Advertisement