Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

photograph to sign at wedding reception? where to buy?

• 05-02-2010 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

This is a question for fellow wedding photographers. Has anyone done a photo of clients for a wedding that they have used at the reception for people to sign? I've seen them at receptions, but not sure where to source them from. Would it be a case of getting a photograph framed and using the mat to sign on? I really can't remember how they look though. A client has asked for one of these and I've no idea how to put one together.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

simplest way would be to buy a mount with a precut hole in it of something like 12x16 and have it pretty wide so there's enough space to write on it.

someone like steve at http://360-dpi.com/ will custom make a mount for you and then you can get the print and frame made at a later date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Or get a photograhper who is able to bring their good quality printer and they could print on site any of the photos from the day :-)
    I know at least one who might be able to do such a thing. And he is also very good photographer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

fairly simple really - meet them for a pre-wedding shoot, show them a handful to choose the one they want. Print at required size, either cut your own mats or get a framer / finisher to cut a mount for you. Important thing is to use the right materials to mount the print (ie not sticky tape).

this is one I did a couple of years ago - 12*8 print in a 16*12 mount. Good size for a small wedding (40-50 people)

Aisling_And_Dermot_292.jpg

Good idea to bring a few of your own pens with the same colour ink. IMO it ruins the whole thing when there's all different inks.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭newbridgemom

yes, this is what i have in mind. thanks for the tip about the pens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

no worries, it's also not a bad idea to leave a stack of comp slips (with your contact details of course) on the table for guests practice what they want to write....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

the other option is to actually do a print on a much larger bit of paper than the actual photo

and get guests to sign around it

then mount it afterwards

I do this for a good few of my wedding photog clients

normally i dry mount the print down to a board and then just add the mount afterwards

Advertisement