If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday Deals - SYSTEMS PACKAGE

Options
  • 05-02-2010 11:17am
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Guys I have a nice little deal here as a Boardies exclusive.

I have just bought a quantity of the Teac CRH228i in Black which is a cracking top quality Micro system which includes CD / Radio / iPOD dock - here is the full spec:

CD Receiver with iPod Docking Station
    • Plays CD, CD-R/RW, MP3 Discs
    • Input for iPod Docking Station
    • Output Power: 25 W + 25 W
    • Repeat/Shuffle Functions
    • AM/FM RDS Tuner with 30 Station Presets
    • Sleep Timer
    • Audio: 4 inputs, 2 outputs
    • S-Video Output (iPod Dock)
    • Composite Video Output (iPod Dock)
    • Optical Digital Output
    • Pre-Amp Subwoofer Output
    • Binding Post Loudspeaker Terminals
    • 3.5 mm Phones Jack
    • Remote Control Unit
    • WxHxD, Weight: 215 x 110 x 359 mm, 4,4 kg (Main Unit),

We are pairing this with an option of two different pairs of speakers - the excellent Cambridge Audio S20 (really cute but powerful bookshelf speakers and two lengths of Gale Symphony 100 speaker cable so you are all ready to go!

This system is reduced from £269.85 original price to just £149.95 as a Boardies exclusive - that's a saving of £120!!

Slightly more interesting maybe is the same 228i system - paired with the Monitor Audio Bronze Reference One and a length of Gale Symphony 200 speaker cable.

This system should retail at £319.85 - However we are offering it on a Boardies exclusive at just £189.95 - saving £130 - that's just £30 for the Teac system and the iPOD dock :confused: or if you compare it with the Denon DM37 (which to be fair is a cracking system) you get the TEAC, an Ipod dock, speaker cable and a serious pair of speakers for the same money as the Denon system on it's own!

We have the speakers available from stock in a variety of finishes - the TEac is available from stock in Black (silver is not available) and delivery countrywide if required is just £9.99.

Keep me posted if we can assist or if you would like to place an order,

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Any chance of a price with some nice BR2's.......;)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

PCDub wrote: »
    Any chance of a price with some nice BR2's.......;)

Hi again PC,

OK for the CRH228i with the separate Ipod dock and 2 lengths of Gale Symphony 200 cable - £229.95 again that leave the Teac system and the Ipod dock and the cables costing just £30!!

Hope that's all okay and as ever PC drop us a line if we can assist..

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Just thinking the teac might struggle a bit to power the br2's (unless i'm wrong).

I'll take the deal with a pair of BR1's in walnut if you have'em.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Price without speakers John?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey PCDub.

Drop me a PM with your contact number and I'll give you a buzz and take the order.

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    Price without speakers John?

I know I'm going to regret posting this - but here goes anyway..

CRH228I INCLUDING the Ipod Dock (sorry guys they come as a package) - I will do 20 pieces at just £99.95 as a Boardies exclusive deal - you will not get a finer Micro system at that money anywhere in Europe at the moment!

Keep me posted...

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hey PCDub.

Drop me a PM with your contact number and I'll give you a buzz and take the order.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 1983beebs

CRH228I INCLUDING the Ipod Dock (sorry guys they come as a package) - I will do 20 pieces at just £99.95 as a Boardies exclusive deal - you will not get a finer Micro system at that money anywhere in Europe at the moment!

Keep me posted...

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Put me down for one of these John, Thanx

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi 1983beebs.

Drop me a PM with your contact number and I give you bell for details.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

interested with MA BR1 walnut finish

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That's a damn good deal. Pity I'm trying to refrain from impulsive purchases atm.. :(

Damn you, RS! :D

Sounds good John - I'll be having one of those!

PM sent.

Keep me posted...

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Hi John,

Just to clarify, is this what's on offer for 99GBP? If so then count me in, sounds too good and it's late so may have misread!

Cheers,
    MAJJ
    Slightly more interesting maybe is the same 228i system - paired with the Monitor Audio Bronze Reference One and a length of Gale Symphony 200 speaker cable.

This system should retail at £319.85 - However we are offering it on a Boardies exclusive at just £189.95 - saving £130 - that's just £30 for the Teac system and the iPOD dock or if you compare it with the Denon DM37 (which to be fair is a cracking system) you get the TEAC, an Ipod dock, speaker cable and a serious pair of speakers for the same money as the Denon system on it's own!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Keep me posted...

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

If you can send this down to the Philips shop then stick me down for one of those please- already sorted for speakers since a friend was able to snag the Wharfdale Diamonds up in the shop just after New Years!
    Kenny will PM now.

If you can send this down to the Philips shop then stick me down for one of those please- already sorted for speakers since a friend was able to snag the Wharfdale Diamonds up in the shop just after New Years!
    Kenny will PM now.

Big,

unfortunately the Kenny lazy git is away on ill deserved hols this week - if you drop me a PM or a mail with your contact details to johnmc@richersounds.ie I'll do my best to get you sorted.

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

MAJJ wrote: »
    Hi John,

Just to clarify, is this what's on offer for 99GBP? If so then count me in, sounds too good and it's late so may have misread!

Cheers,
    MAJJ

Majj,

sorry for taking so long to get back 2u,

It's the Teac CRH228i including a matching Teac Ipod dock - but without speakers, (Don't think you need Speakers anyway given those Big babies you
    have already ;))

Apologies again for the delay and drop us a post if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Ah ill deserved holidays are the best! PM sent John- thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Hiya John, damn good deal as usual! But like byte I too am trying hard to refrain from impulse purchases, so will pass on this one.

Cheers for the great offer,
    MAJJ
    Majj,

sorry for taking so long to get back 2u,

It's the Teac CRH228i including a matching Teac Ipod dock - but without speakers, (Don't think you need Speakers anyway given those Big babies you
    have already ;))

Apologies again for the delay and drop us a post if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Received today, ultra fast delivery, good sound at bargain price, credits for richersounds

rai555 wrote: »
    Received today, ultra fast delivery, good sound at bargain price, credits for richersounds

Aww - no-one got back to me.

Goes off to check answerphone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Got mine too, nice bedroom unit. Good sound even though its only connected to a pair of Altec lansing computer speakers.

Thanks John, Guys

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

alastair wrote: »
    Aww - no-one got back to me.

Goes off to check answerphone

Guess the guys missed your earlier post, maybe a PM will get you noticed :)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    Guess the guys missed your earlier post, maybe a PM will get you noticed :)

Cheers Tony, but I'd sent a PM too. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Alastair.

Your system was despatched on Friday.

Let us know what you think as usual.

Regards.

Dave

System arrived Friday and just got around to unpacking it, great looking system.
    Can't see any ipod dock though, should it be in the box with the teac or is it a separate box.?
    Cheers.

System arrived Friday and just got around to unpacking it, great looking system.
    Can't see any ipod dock though, should it be in the box with the teac or is it a separate box.?
    Cheers.

PC,

yep the plonkers - it should be in a separate box - I'll kill them (after they despatch it of course!) Apologies - I'll make sure it goes out tomorrow ( Tuesday).

Aaaaggggghhh,

ATb,

John Mc

Cheers John wasn't sure what i was looking for but not in any rush for it, handy aux input on the front should keep the tunes going for now.
    Jeez the br1's look damn good, should be on display in the louvre....:D

Cheers John wasn't sure what i was looking for but not in any rush for it, handy aux input on the front should keep the tunes going for now.
    Jeez the br1's look damn good, should be on display in the louvre....:D

Thanks as ever PC - & apologies again - you should get it Wednesday or latest Thursday - it's a handy add-on and I'm glad you like the system - sounds great for the money does'nt it?

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

Just a quick one to say thanks John- after chat with Dave quick delivery and had it setup at the weekend. A definite bonus with that front aux input- hooked up the laptop and was listening to tunes from Spotify:-)

• Advertisement

I got my mitts on my one yesterday - nice compact size and sounds good even without the subwoofer connected - gotta get a long rca lead. I'm also a victim of the cruel 'no ipod dock attached' situation, so happy to pick one up in the Philips shop to save hassle all round - no rush on it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.