If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo TX-SR507B

Options
  • 05-02-2010 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi There

I'm looking to buy the above AV Reciever.. but am not sure what speakers to package them up with.. I will only be connecting my PS3, Iomega ProMedia Player thorough it and the room is approx 7m sq..

One set that caught my attention, mainly as it avoids buying stands were..

Onkyo SKSHT728B

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey.

The Onkyo SKSHT728B was not one of the Onkyo packs that we had stocked. I have been informed that they are now finished and no more stock is available.

The Onkyo 728 I believe that this system was priced at £329.95 ish / 389.99 Euro.

I have checked at what is available to us and there is nothing around this price bracket with floorstanding speakers.

Is avoiding stands a must?

Let me know what you think :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 theitguy

Hey

Floorstanding isnt a must, was just hoping to avoid another expense..I have seen some KEF 1005 on amazon as Grade B.. and they are 300ish..

Can you get the grade B KEF's?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

theitguy wrote: »
    Hey

Floorstanding isnt a must, was just hoping to avoid another expense..I have seen some KEF 1005 on amazon as Grade B.. and they are 300ish..

Can you get the grade B KEF's?

The ITGuy,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we generally don't stock any B Grade product at all - however we do have the Kef KHT1005.2 available in Black gloss Brand new boxed (not B grade!) - they have just come down from £499.95 to £399.95 - I can do you a boardie special on them at just £379.95 and just £11.99 for shipping countrywide if you are interested??

Keep us posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John \ Richersounds..

So, with the KEF, the Onkyo 507.. stands(2 or 4 depending on price), and cables (3 x 2M, 2 x 6 or 7M)... whats the best price all in delivered to Dubin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi ITguy.

So am I right in thinking :

Kef KHT1005
    Onkyo 507 Black
    Speaker cables - 18m

Do you need a subwoofer cable ? What length ?

Do you need any HDMI cables ?

Just wanted to make sure we cover all the angles before I send you a price.

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Dave

I will need a subwoofer speaker, i just assumed it was same as the speaker cable for the other 5..

Do you do the stands too?

WIll the cables be to size, and ready to use out the box so to speak.

Cheers

Hi IT.

The cables we can cut to the correct length. We can also add banana plugs to the ends of the cables if you like. These are £4.99 a pair and finish the cable off nicely.

The sub cables are pre-terminated and come in 1.5m, 2m, 5m, 7.5m and it depends on the length you reckon you will need.

We do the stands as well. Sometimes these can he tricky to get. Currently our warehouse has some in stock, but not loads.

Let me know on the cables and I'll PM you a total price.

Cheers

Dave

I'll need a 2m Subwoofer cable in that case..

Also, quote me for the shortest length's HDMI cables you do also.. and stands and sure the banana plugs too

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Can you quote me for the SR507B for delivery to Waterford/

Is this the best in this price range?

Joe

Hi Joe.

The 507 delivered to directly to you would be €285.

It's pretty much the best in it's price range due to the fact that it is HD ready, good musically and excellent for A/V.

I own an Onkyo, so I'm biased :D

If you would like to order one, please call us on 04890 330044 and don't forget, we do a 5 year warranty for just €26.99 which is refundable it if doesn't go faulty and we also offer a pricebeat, so if you see it cheaper, we'll beat it.

Cheers for the post.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

IT, I'll quote you tomorrow when I have access to prices....changed the IP address recently and didn't change it on my home laptop. DOH !

Cheers

Dave

I'll need a 2m Subwoofer cable in that case..

Also, quote me for the shortest length's HDMI cables you do also.. and stands and sure the banana plugs too

Cheers

IT,

Not sure if Dave quoted you yet (it's a bit late to phone him at home now :o ) but for the Onkyo TXSR507 / Kef KHT1005 system / 18 Mtrs Gale Symphony 100 speaker cable / Cambridge Audio Sublink / 2 pairs 4MM Banana plugs / 1.5 Mtr Icon HDMI cable - this should retail at £698 at our already discounted prices - I can do this at just £669.95 including delivery countrywide - if you wanted to add on the stands they are just £59.95 a pair.

Apologies if Dave has already quoted you ( if he has I bet I was cheaper anyway ;) ) and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John \ Dave..

Will the cables be cut to size and finished off too?

The speaker stands you link too are silver, and so no good..

And without wanting to sound like some credit card scam, you can deliver to my work address?

Cheers

Minesh

Hi John \ Dave..

Will the cables be cut to size and finished off too?

The speaker stands you link too are silver, and so no good..

And without wanting to sound like some credit card scam, you can deliver to my work address?

Cheers

Minesh

Minesh,

ooops yep you are correct - that was a link to the older 1005 stands we do also do the 1005.2 stands in black - however the bad news is that they are £79.95/pair..:(

We can cut the speaker cables to size for you no problem as part of the service - but generally I would recommend against this - whilst it is important whenever possible to keep the speaker runs the same length, on a practical level it can be handy to have the ability to trim the cables exactly to length on site (or get an extra bit if you have one length that may have been measured short - believe me I do it all the time :confused:)

On the credit card scam :confused: - yes we can deliver to your work address no problem but we will need some verification details which the guys will go through with you if you place an order.

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist or if the credit card feels like flexing it's muscles ;)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Re cables - how easy are they to finish off to the same quality as you guys would? I will triple check my requirements for the two rear speakers, and confirm when I get my flexible friend ready..

I am happy with the rest of the quote.. can you not do something more off the speaker stands though?

Re cables - how easy are they to finish off to the same quality as you guys would? I will triple check my requirements for the two rear speakers, and confirm when I get my flexible friend ready..

I am happy with the rest of the quote.. can you not do something more off the speaker stands though?

Minesh,

crunncccchhhhhhh (that's the sound of my arm being twisted!) OK I can do them at £69.95 / pair.

On the speaker cable front -its as basic as cutting the cables to the correct length and baring the ends about 1cm - you can solder the ends to prevent oxidisation (recommended!) or use banana / 4mm plugs - however what I would normally recommend is that you leave about 10 cms of extra cable per run to allow you to cut back the terminations over a long period of time in the event of a build up of tarnish oxidisation - ( tweakers please note I am not going to get into a conversation/ row/discussion / argument about the benefits of cables / banana plugs / - if you see the civil war that breaks out on a weekly basis on the general HE forums you will see what I mean :D:D:D)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

re Cables - I will measure what I need, but would prefer if you were to finish them off. .I dont have solder gun etc.. so would only make a pigs ear of it to be honest.. I will take full responsbilty if cables are too short etc..

sold on the stands then.. I will call you guys Friday, with final measurements, requirements, other freebies etc..

Cheers

re Cables - I will measure what I need, but would prefer if you were to finish them off. .I dont have solder gun etc.. so would only make a pigs ear of it to be honest.. I will take full responsbilty if cables are too short etc..

sold on the stands then.. I will call you guys Friday, with final measurements, requirements, other freebies etc..

Cheers

It,

No problem (well except for the freebies bit ;) ) - thanks for the Biz and looking forward to getting you sorted on Friday,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Regards payment..

As I said I would want the goods delivered to my work address, what forms of validation do you require from me? Just to confirm, delivery to Dublin (D11).

Cheers

Regards payment..

As I said I would want the goods delivered to my work address, what forms of validation do you require from me? Just to confirm, delivery to Dublin (D11).

Cheers

It,

prefer not to go into that on a public forum - but if you give us a call the guys will go through it with you (nothing to heavy don't worry!) it's just to protect against Credit card fraud and misuse of your credit card and it's standard Mail order credit card procedure.

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

John

I have emailed sales@ and left a voice message.. can you call me to dicuss the CC requirements.

Cheers

Chaps

So far loving the gear.. minus the issue with the missing HDMI cable!!

I was considering the Onkyo UP-A1 Dock.. do you stock them, get them? I see them for £55 online in UK..

Cheers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.