Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spring equinox

Options
  • 05-02-2010 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

HI,

Dunno if this is the right board but does anyone know when the spring equinox is (for Ireland) this year.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

In detail here

and a general overview here

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Bodicea

Dyflin wrote: »
    In detail here

and a general overview here

Dyflin, if you weren't so quick to think I was an idiot and not capable of resourcing some basic material..then you'd see that the first link to a lesson on what an equinox is ..which is not what I was asking about..and 2ndly, if you want to tell them they are an idiot, at least have the balls to say it straight out...not under the cover of a link so mods wont catch you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Bodicea wrote: »
    Dyflin, if you weren't so quick to think I was an idiot and not capable of resourcing some basic material..then you'd see that the first link to a lesson on what an equinox is ..which is not what I was asking about..and 2ndly, if you want to tell them they are an idiot, at least have the balls to say it straight out...not under the cover of a link so mods wont catch you.

Agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

snaps wrote: »
    Agree.

I agree also...dyflin should be banned in my opinion.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Seriously?

the wiki link details the exact time and day the sun reaches its vernal equinox, the detailed explanation I thought it was worth putting in as you seem to think that Ireland has a "special" equinox time... :confused:

The second link, meh, maybe a sense of humour is required ;)

• Advertisement

Seriously?

the wiki link details the exact time and day the sun reaches its vernal equinox, the detailed explanation I thought it was worth putting in as you seem to think that Ireland has a "special" equinox time... :confused:

The second link, meh, maybe a sense of humour is required ;)

Or a mod to weed out the retards who post up rubbish like that?

barney 20v wrote: »
    Or a mod to weed out the retards who post up rubbish like that?

Personal abuse, nice...

Personal abuse, nice...

If i wanted to abuse you i would not be sly about it like you.....if you have nothing worthwhile to add to a thread why do you bother to post? op had a genuine question. no need for you to hide your attempt at abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Abuse? Jeebus. Lack of snow is affecting the humour circuits.

C'mon guys, first link is an excellent link lets face it. I learnt what a true equinox is, which I thought I knew but didn't.

Second link, meh.

Lets behave a little better now eh.

Close the thread mods before someone throws a bottle.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Two over-reactions don't make a 'right'. Both contestants return to your corners please.:D

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

barney 20v wrote: »
    I agree also...dyflin should be banned in my opinion.
    For what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

200motels wrote: »
    For what exactly?

For not knowing when the Spring Equinox was of course... and for still not knowing after doing a google search to wikipedia. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Interesting read, i didnt know the equinox date and time changed so much.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement