Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky HD / W7 Media Centre

• 05-02-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I'm only new to the satellite scene as I recently dumped NTL for Sky, so apologies for my lack of satellite basics.

For years, I've used Media Centres with NTL analog, and then digital, to record all my TV.

Now I've got two Sky boxes - Sky+HD and a standard Sky box. I've got the standard Sky box set up on one MC PC with the IR emitter, etc, the same way I had the NTL digibox, and that works fine.

I know I can do the same with the SCART output from the Amstrad HD box (in SD only - no component out) and an IR emitter, but here's the thing:

Is it possible to get a CAM (?) module and combine it with one or two satellite cards for my MC PC that will take my Sky card and allow me to record all the channels, including the HD ones, therefore bypasing the HD+ box altogether?

Or am I missing something...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

technically it is possible, but its not an easy solution.
    one huge issue is that it involves using software that is generally only used as an illegal way to to access a sky subscription.
    becuase of that it is against the rules of the forum to discuss it as basically the instructions are the same as how to illegaly access sky.

Advertisement