Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Season Live dvd?

Options
  • 05-02-2010 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

howdee ,

anyone know where I could get a copy of this? I know it was released on video and I've seen some good stuff on youtube, but no idea if anyone ever put it on dvd and sold it? Google hasn't been much help so far...

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I acquired the whole video at some point a few years ago. I've never seen it on DVD, but Amazon have some used videos of it.

Tis bloody brilliant though, would've loved to have seen them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Although i obviously never saw them live. The clips i saw of them live i found very poor like a teenage garage band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Nah you cant buy it but theres a few places you can download it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

There was a recent campaign to get it released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭flyfly

Although i obviously never saw them live. The clips i saw of them live i found very poor like a teenage garage band.

"MAD SEASON (1994 – 1996)

Formed in late 1994 Mad Season was a grunge supergroup, made up of members from Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees and Alice in Chains. Their one album, Above, was released in 1995. The band went on permanent hiatus in 1996.

The band consisted of:

Layne Staley (Alice in Chains) - vocals, guitar
    Mike McCready (Pearl Jam) - lead guitar
    John Baker Saunders - bass
    Barrett Martin (Screaming Trees) - drums and percussion

Two of the band’s members have since passed away. Layne Staley (of Alice In Chains) died of an overdose of cocaine and heroin (A.K.A. a ‘speedball’) in April of 2002 and John Baker Saunders (bass) died of a Heroin overdose in 1999." - from last.fm

"Despite not having a single song completely prepared (only beginnings of songs, according to Martin) and not even having a name for the band, McCready scheduled an unannounced show at the Crocodile Cafe on October 12, 1994, which turned out to be a big success.[1] The song "Artificial Red", which was also to appear on the album, actually came together during the show itself. Two more gigs were scheduled (November 6 & 20, 1994) at the same venue,[4] with the band calling itself the Gacy Bunch, after both the notorious serial killer John Wayne Gacy of Chicago and the 1970s sitcom The Brady Bunch.[2] On January 8, 1995, the band made an appearance on Pearl Jam's Self-Pollution satellite radio broadcast, a four-and-a-half hour long pirate broadcast out of Seattle which was available to any radio stations that wanted to carry it,[5] performing "Lifeless Dead" and "I Don't Know Anything".[4] After gaining more popularity, the band recorded its only album and changed its name to Mad Season, which is an English term for the time of the year when psilocybin mushrooms are in full bloom,[2] and a term which McCready related to "the seasons of drinking and drug abuse."[1]
    The album, Above, which was recorded in Seattle, Washington at Bad Animals Studio and co-produced by the band and Pearl Jam sound engineer Brett Eliason, featured ten songs." - from Wiki.

Discography
    Studio albums

1995Above Videos

1995Live at the Moore
    • Released: August 29, 1995
    • Label: Columbia
    • Format: VHS
    http://video.filestube.com/watch,a37952ee659ae0c603ea/Mad-Season-November-Hotel.html

• Advertisement

flyfly wrote: »
    "MAD SEASON (1994 – 1996)

Formed in late 1994 Mad Season was a grunge supergroup, made up of members from Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees and Alice in Chains. Their one album, Above, was released in 1995. The band went on permanent hiatus in 1996.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Jesus Christ flyfly i know who fukcin' Mad Season are. :rolleyes: I was making the point that any live clip i have seen of them over the years has been poor, not the video quality but the performance, saying it was almost as poor as a 'teenage garage band'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭flyfly

Jesus Christ flyfly i know who fukcin' Mad Season are. :rolleyes: I was making the point that any live clip i have seen of them over the years has been poor, not the video quality but the performance, saying it was almost as poor as a 'teenage garage band'.
    Oh My God I am so sorry! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

wouldn't go that far.....

who would you condsider not like a teenage garage band...:confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I didn't enjoy Mad Season when I heard them first - but I would suggest giving 'Above' a listen a good few times as a whole and hopefully it'll just click :)

i have 'Above' and i liked it (the titled track is my favourite personally). just all the clips i've seen of them live i thought were a cover of the band until i looked closer and realised it wasn't. just thought they didn't sound good whenever i've heard live clips, quite poor infact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR9FDIaP4fE

Not pioneering rock now, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Yeah but in all fairness it was a bunch of guys used to performing with a different bunch of guys and one of them was a heroin junkie, not the best combo for a touring band.

robby^5 wrote: »
    Yeah but in all fairness it was a bunch of guys used to performing with a different bunch of guys and one of them was a heroin junkie, not the best combo for a touring band.

And McCready has hard on the booze and in-out-of rehab too!

Advertisement