Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certain websites come and go

• 05-02-2010 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having trouble viewing some websites on the internet. One of them is my own and the other is a work website, I contacted the website hosts but have been told by them the sites have had 100% up time. This is even affecting access to emails with my email program unable to connect most of the time.

This happens on two different sites the only thing they have in common is the ISP (I don't know if I can say, but it would be helpful to see if other users on the same ISP are having the same problem). I've asked a friend to try the sites a few times over the course of the day. I expect if I just ring the ISP they'll just say it's my fault so I need some way of proving where the problem lies I've done tracert but that either works or comes back with the error "unable to resolve target system name". I've come across other posts on the internet that reckon these kind of problems are deep within the ISPs network. Can't find them now because I can't get to google.ie to search.

Comments

Advertisement