Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have an airlock?

• 05-02-2010 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

My shower isn't getting hot at the moment and I think this problem may have started after the pipes froze in January. I'm on mains gas and it's a pump shower (if that makes sense). At best the water gets luke warm and I notice the pressure has decreased also. This morning I had the bright idea to keep the cold tap in the sink running while I showered and the water was hot, presumably because all the cold pressure was going through the sink tap. There's a similar issue with the kitchen sink which struggles to get hot too. Is it possible I have an airlock since the water was gone and if so how do I fix it?? Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Airlock in the hot water supply? Possible if the shower cold supply comes directly from a tank. Try the trick invented by our ancestors. Connect the kitchen cold tap to the hot tap. Open the latter fully and crack open the former. Go to your attic and put your thumb over the vent pipe above the tank for a moment or two.

*reptition. I don't know any better. Or look for jamesM or Items:D*

Advertisement