Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creative Zen shows as "not connected" after 30 seconds of plugging in, HELP!

• 05-02-2010 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Just got an 8gb refurbished Zen off ebay today, exact same model as this one but mines 8gb

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110456189600&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Its a birthday present for my girlfriend on Sunday! :mad: :(

Ive installed the creative software, plugged the player in and let it charge for a while. Once it was more then 1/2 charged I tried importing media to it, it works for a couple of seconds then dies (but display says charging), I have the device manager open and the Zen shows up fine under portable media for about 30 seconds before it dies. After that, I get a yellow "!" beside it in the device manager. Uninstalling the driver, unplugging and plugging the player back in gets windows to recognize it but it just dies again 30 seconds later.

Please help, if I'm really fast I can explore the player and I can see 6 songs from an album I tried to import before it died, so I know its not totally dead. Ive heard it could be an issue with windows media player 11 but Ive tinkered with it and still nothing :-(.

Please help, thanks in advance

PS - Using WIn XP SP3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Try using a different computer, in case of a faulty or low-power USB port,

or
    To Format or Clean Up Zen Vision:M

1. Detach the Zen Vision:M player from your PC , and ensure that the unit is off.

If the battery is too low, charge the battery fully before continuing
    2. Slide the Power switch towards the Power icon and hold the switch in the Power On position.
    3. Push the end of a pin-like object (for example, a straightened paper clip) into the reset hole, press gently and remove.

4. Release the Power switch when the Creative logo appears. The Recovery Mode appears:
    * Clean Up (Performs a disk scan on the player's hard disk, it will not affect music files)
    * Format All (Formats the players hard disk - Note: all contents will be lost)
    * Reload Firmware (Reloads the Operating System on the Zen. Select this option ONLY if there is a firmware available to reload.)
    * Reboot (Reboots the device).
    5. Select Clean Up or Format from the Recovery Mode, and then select Reboot.

If neither of those work you will probably have to contact Creative, as it was refurbished and validated by them.

Advertisement