Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limericks NAMA Drama?

Options
  • 05-02-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Anyone else hear Limerick based Dermot G O'Donovan Solicitors mentioned on Liveline yesterday?

Seemingly there has been questions raised as to their role in the NAMA Drama....

- Incidentally, and I'm not in anyway way relating the two, Isn't the unstoppable Dr. Frankenstein of NAMA - Alan Ahearne another Limerick Man that got the fcuk out of Dodge when he could?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

O Donovans have been appointed legal advisors to NAMA (one of many). Two directors of O Donovan's are also directors of the troubled Fordmount Developments group, soon to come under the management of NAMA. The implication was that there would be a conflict of interest. O Donovans had to declare all their interests before being appointed advisors but NAMA clearly concluded that there wasn't any conflict of interest.
    As for your second sensationalist tabloidesque point I'm not sure what you're on about or the point you are trying to make. Dr Ahearne is one of the countrys foremost economists and the person the government turned to for economic advice when the country was on its knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Well once the intricacies of this appointment don't bother you Aidric then lets all drop it...... (?)

Anyway, when you're done weakly attempting to condescend to me..... Alan Ahearne is drawing more attention of late for his seemingly schizophrenic school of Economic thought than he is for his prowess with a Laser Pointer.

In my opinion the greatest and most academically lauded Opponent to Alan Ahearne's NAMA valuations has been none other than Alan Ahearne; Although his perplexing absolute contradiction of his own agenda ridden Madcap Scheme does seem to have been an unfortunate accident.

- Lets bide our time and see if he can get out of that bed without Fleas?

Shake on 24 months, say €50?

Advertisement