Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good wedding band, that can play in the south Munster region?

Options
  • 05-02-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi all,

I know there's a wedding forum, but I'd value the opinions of the music fans more on this forum. I'm looking for a wedding band (for my own wedding) that can play Waterford city. I'd admit to be fairly snobby about quality music, but I do understand that a wedding band has to cater for all tastes (I might like them to play that 10 minute Sonic Youth B-Side from 1996, but I know that's not gonna fly on the day).

However:
    Country n' Irish
    One guy with a keyboard
    ...need not apply.

But anything else I'll consider.

If you can recommend anyone I would truly appreciate it. Note that most wedding bands aren't afraid to travel afaik.

Thanks!

Now, off to the wedding forum...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

The Champions? They played at my local GAA annual a few weeks ago, and they were apparently very good. Gina wasn't with them - maybe it cost too much with her, not sure? I wasn't there myself but they went down very well. They play a lot of the more recent stuff too. They do weddings all the time..

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

I think it's worth checking out The Jam Tarts and The Fizzbombs, both are whom based in Waterford city. You won't get a waltz set out of either of them, but you'll get a decent mix of 'modern' music. The Arcade Fire, The Cure, Stevie Wonder, The Beatles, The Ting Tings. Have a look at the local gig listings and you should see them playing somewhere in the coming weeks

The Jam Tarts played at my own wedding and were class. No Sonic Youth, but no Shania Twain either! ;)

Advertisement