Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM exchange rate charges?

Options
  • 05-02-2010 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭

Going to London on Monday and struggling to make the bank today as something has come up.
    Is there much difference between the exchange rate offered in a bank(eg AIB here) and the rate I will be charged when using an ATM over there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There probably won't be a major difference but you will be charged a separate fee for making a withdrawal in a foreign currency from an ATM. Many UK ATMs separately also charge fees for using the ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

seamus wrote: »
    There probably won't be a major difference but you will be charged a separate fee for making a withdrawal in a foreign currency from an ATM. Many UK ATMs separately also charge fees for using the ATM.

Feck!
    Better get onto one of my mates to try hit the bank for me today so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

The exchange rate will be similar - maybe even better - and the fees are only £1.50 a time. I would us ethe ATM myself unless you're needing several hundred in one go (ATM limits)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

I was wrong in my reply above - the charges for using an ATM in the UK will range from €5 flat rate (Postbank) to 3.5% (Max €11.73) with most other Irish banks. Some Figures Here

Advertisement