Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste - Who is the best value for money/most reliable wheelie bin collector in Bray?

• 05-02-2010 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Who to pick?
    Any have a great or bad rep?

Green star?
    Ozo?
    Others?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭mr_happy

Anyone have an opinion on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

I think green star is the most expensive. I know ozo are cheaper. Both get collected early in the day in our estate. There is also euro waste and access waste and also the green star bags. Im sure websites will have prices and stuff but to honest I havent heard anything bad about any of them.
    I myself put out a bag every couple of weeks and recycle for free in boghall. Thats the cheapest option but it depends on your waste.
    Ive heard that green star now have a pay per lift option. its about 11 euro per lift of the big bin and 7 euro for the smaller one.
    Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭mr_happy

FluffyCat wrote: »
    I think green star is the most expensive. I know ozo are cheaper. Both get collected early in the day in our estate. There is also euro waste and access waste and also the green star bags. Im sure websites will have prices and stuff but to honest I havent heard anything bad about any of them.
    I myself put out a bag every couple of weeks and recycle for free in boghall. Thats the cheapest option but it depends on your waste.
    Ive heard that green star now have a pay per lift option. its about 11 euro per lift of the big bin and 7 euro for the smaller one.
    Hope this helps

Recycle for free in Boghall? interesting.
    Do they have a website for opening hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Bray Recycling Centre

Address: Beechwood Close,
    Boghall Road,
    Bray
    Phone: 01 2116666
    Email: bray@wicklowwasteaware.ie
    Opening Times:
    Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 9.30am - 4.00pm
    Thurs 12.00pm - 6.00pm
    Sat 9.00am - 2.00pm#

There was a website but it has been taken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

We almost switched to Eurowaste at Xmas as they had a good offer plus offered a weekly recycling collection. We called Greenstar to close our account and they matched the Eurowaste offer and are giving us a bigger recycling bin (still only every two wks but with the bigger bin it should be fine and we won't have to put it out every week)....saved us the hassle of cancelling the direct debit and setting up a new one. You can bargain them all down now there is more competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Same here. Recycling not an issue but matched competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OldVickers

RH149 wrote: »
    We almost switched to Eurowaste at Xmas as they had a good offer plus offered a weekly recycling collection. We called Greenstar to close our account and they matched the Eurowaste offer and are giving us a bigger recycling bin (still only every two wks but with the bigger bin it should be fine and we won't have to put it out every week)....saved us the hassle of cancelling the direct debit and setting up a new one. You can bargain them all down now there is more competition.

Interesting. I switched to Eurowaste from Greenstar. Before I did I called greenstar. They offered a slight reduction. I said that they would need to match the competition. They said that they would get back to me. 2 weeks later and no word from them, I cancelled my contract in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Greenstar originally were a bit vague when my husband called them about dropping their prices - said they would get back to us and never did.We couldn't do anything until our contract finished at the end of December. I reckon they must have lost quite a few customers to the other companies as when he called to close the account after New Years they had a completely different attitude and were more than willing to match Eurowaste. Wish you could bargain like that all the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

We find Panda quite good - being able to put glass in the green bin is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Eoin wrote: »
    We find Panda quite good - being able to put glass in the green bin is a bonus.

I have not seen these guys in Bray.

Does anyone do pay per lift??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I changed from greenstar to eurowaste bags.
    €4.50 for a bag with free recycling bag- saves me the trip to boghall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

bubblefett wrote: »

Are Eurowaste not out of business?? I have just switched to Thortons who offer a pay per lift scheme, but annoyingly each bin lift is €2.50 more expensive than Dublin, Meath and Kildare. WTF is that all about :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

bubblefett wrote: »

This sounds interesting. Where can you get the bags for Eurowaste?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    Are Eurowaste not out of business?? I have just switched to Thortons who offer a pay per lift scheme, but annoyingly each bin lift is €2.50 more expensive than Dublin, Meath and Kildare. WTF is that all about :confused:

News to me if they did? I'm still buying the bags and getting them collected so can't complain
    Preusse wrote: »
    This sounds interesting. Where can you get the bags for Eurowaste?

I buy them from the Costcutter, haven't seen them anywhere else though (other than Centre in egans centre before it closed down)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

There is a new government levy coming in July which means prices on wheelie bins, bags, tags etc are all going up from all suppliers. Thorntons (ex eurowaste) will be closing the pricing gap. Not completely but the drastic difference will be gone. ie Greenstar Waste bags 5.67 and 2.65 for Recyling will go up a bit but Eurowaste which were 4.50 and free respectively go to 5.50 (I think) and 2.00 for recycling bags.

Advertisement