Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 109 Predictions + Live Thread

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

dicey1664 wrote: »
    randy was always going to get the job done,coleman is really really starting 2 show his age,should probably call it quits, what the fcuk is tito at

Building up to what UFC 106 was meant to be originally Tito-Coleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What's next for Randy??? Will he just be stuck in limbo now or do you think he's got a shot at Valesquez or Carwin (assuming they both lose to Nog and Mir)

Off topic (sorry), i'm mad to watch ufc 110 live, will be working that night, does anyone know if i can watch the fights live (or almost live) on any sites without having to order it? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

sheehy83 wrote: »
    What's next for Randy??? Will he just be stuck in limbo now or do you think he's got a shot at Valesquez or Carwin (assuming they both lose to Nog and Mir)

After dropping to 205 for his last 2 fights I doubt he'll go back to heavyweight were he realistically isn't too close to a title fight after 2 defeats in his last 2 fights at the weight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks Dev, my brain is fried! I just figured they were fighting in HW. Interesting to see so who Randy can take next in the LHW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

rovert wrote: »
    A part of me dies whenever I see Coleman struggle to climb the steps in the Octagon these days.

Yeah, he really didn't belong there. I hate to see legends go this way in the sport. Reminded me of how I felt when Buzz Berry Ko'ed Ken Shamrock. (of course its no shame to get beat by Randy but it looked a total mismatch).
    Dan Severn has continued to compete, but he competes at an appropriate level and knows his limitations.

I'm sure someone will come in with the usual " heart of a fighter... better to have tried and failed..."etc etc crap, But IMO there was never going to be any other outcome to this fight and oleman cannot compete at this level anymore:(

Coleman probably fought his last fight as per Dana

Dana doenst seem to be a fan of Tito-Coleman at all.

One idea I think would be interesting Kimbo-Coleman on a Fight Night special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Off topic (sorry), i'm mad to watch ufc 110 live, will be working that night, does anyone know if i can watch the fights live (or almost live) on any sites without having to order it? Thanks

Graboid.com
    I just watched 109 and it was perfect. Youll have to wait till the following afternoon till its put up but well worth it.
    Costs I think €3 a month for 10GB, you can get any movie you want too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

the link posted here might work or maybe
    justintv or myp2p.eu tho neither can be
    that reliable at times

On the other hand you wont have to worry about working
    that night as the ufc is in sydney so assuming the first fight
    kicks off there at 8pm then that would mean you could watch
    it here at 9am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

mailburner wrote: »
    the link posted here might work or maybe
    justintv or myp2p.eu tho neither can be
    that reliable at times

On the other hand you wont have to worry about working
    that night as the ufc is in sydney so assuming the first fight
    kicks off there at 8pm then that would mean you could watch
    it here at 9am

Not happenin, The Sydney card is starting at 2pm Sydney Time so it'll be live PPV at 8pm in the states

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Not happenin, The Sydney card is starting at 2pm Sydney Time so it'll be live PPV at 8pm in the states
    thanks
    had no idea
    all to suit the yanks...
    thatll be 3pm here so i guess
    Perfect!

thanks
    had no idea
    all to suit the yanks...
    thatll be 3pm here so i guess
    Perfect!

Nope, 3am

scudzilla wrote: »
    Nope, 3am
    Yikes!
    im sayin no more
    cant even count back the hours right
    thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Yikes!
    im sayin no more
    cant even count back the hours right
    thanks again

The Sydney card will be no different tv scheduling wise.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The Sydney card will be no different tv scheduling wise.

Apart from it starting at 2pm local (Sydney) time, so will be the normal 3am start for us here

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

what happened to Nate the great? Hes one of my favourite fighters and I was disappointed. He used his elbows well on his back mind you but he needs to learn to work of his back better but i guess its easy saying that when you dont have someone as strong on top of you!

the bjj guy making his debut at the start was brilliant, the fight against guillard which I think should of swung the other way, hes one to watch out for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Got the Paulo Thiago one vvery wrong, he's a real contender now and swick is back at the middle of the pile. The marquardt v sonnen fight was brilliant, sonnen is one to watch now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Very disappointed with that gracie fella they showed at the end of the show. Looked very poor with zero cardio or striking and I am surprised that the gracies would take a chance putting him in before he was ready.

Very disappointed with that gracie fella they showed at the end of the show. Looked very poor with zero cardio or striking and I am surprised that the gracies would take a chance putting him in before he was ready.

Im not given the exploits of the current generation of Gracies. They are more interested in open a Gracie gym franchise and earning $$$ than devoting themselves to competitive MMA.

sonic.trip wrote: »
    Got the Paulo Thiago one vvery wrong, he's a real contender now and swick is back at the middle of the pile. The marquardt v sonnen fight was brilliant, sonnen is one to watch now too.

I feel bad for nate myself
    So near to another title shot but now so far.
    I think he would have given silva a much better
    fight than sonnen if it ever happened.
    can you imagine sonnens face if he went the
    distance with silva given how badly he was
    cut there?
    I think you wouldnt recognise him tho it would probably
    be stopped for a cut.
    On the other hand theres no quit in that guy whatsoever
    and altho im not a fan of sonnen i do admire his mental
    strength and never say die attitude.
    I never thought in a million years that nate would let
    me down for my fivefold either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

I think a wrestler has the best chance of beating Anderson.

He's got good submissions and good striking so I think the guy to take him will have good GNP.

IMO.

• Advertisement

From Dave Meltzer:
    Mark Coleman was cut by UFC, becoming the first UFC fighter cut within days of headlining a show. My impression is it was a decision that nobody was happy about making, but that everyone also realized was unavoidable.

--There is a story on Coleman being cut at http://ugo.com/tv/here-today-gone-tomorrow-ufc-headliner-cut-from-his-con tract

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Ya a first in UFC history, Coleman getting cut. In all fairness it's for his own protection, he just doesn't have it and he made Randy look even better than he is. I mean, come on a rear naked choke!!!

Trigg seems to be out as well

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.detail&gid=217078

Thiago looks really good and Sonnen generally too. Other than that it was disappointing overall. Hopefully Thiago gets better. Wouldn't mind seeing him and GSP in the cage.

Tito was just a clown as usual. He said that Coleman's manager said some crap, blah blah blah, who cares? Not going to happen anyway.

Roll on 110.

A lot of people are expecting Strikeforce to sign Coleman to feed to Lashley on CBS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

rovert wrote: »
    A lot of people are expecting Strikeforce to sign Coleman to feed to Lashley on CBS.

After strikeforces last card i would think they would be wanting to move away from mickey mouse fights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ya a first in UFC history, Coleman getting cut. In all fairness it's for his own protection, he just doesn't have it and he made Randy look even better than he is. I mean, come on a rear naked choke!!!

Trigg seems to be out as well

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.detail&gid=217078

Thiago looks really good and Sonnen generally too. Other than that it was disappointing overall. Hopefully Thiago gets better. Wouldn't mind seeing him and GSP in the cage.

Tito was just a clown as usual. He said that Coleman's manager said some crap, blah blah blah, who cares? Not going to happen anyway.

Roll on 110.
    That article also confirms Hague and Nover are gone too

Davei141 wrote: »
    After strikeforces last card i would think they would be wanting to move away from mickey mouse fights

Their matchmaking has always for the most part been about protecting dudes by varying degrees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i caught the repeat of this. it was OK. thiago looked good. did he get sub of the night? i was impressed with sonnen too, but he doesnt seem to have the knock-out power required. he should really have destroyed marquardt

Advertisement