Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty brass shells

Options
  • 05-02-2010 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm looking for some empty shells for props in a no-budget movie. Any shells at all, as many as possible, would be appreciated.
    If you can get a hold of an impressively large number of shells I may be willing to part with some cash!!

Thanks,
    Stephen
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭gavlaw

wouldn say you will have much look on here with your search best thing you can do is go to your local club an ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 14 corkarcher2

Ok then anybody know clubs near Dun Laoghaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Can you travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Tricky1127

Hi Stephen, I`ve some brass but i`ll need them all back when your finished making you movie, or you could buy new and never used brass up north or you could rent some from www.worldwidearms.com + de-act guns
    Regards Turlough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Might be able to help you, you in a hurry?
    should be able to get a good bag full, couple of thousand casings if you can wait a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for the help!

Chem, Yes I'll travel if its convenient to Dun Laoghaire ie. On the dart line or bus routes. (I don't have a car)

Thanks Turlough I'll see what I can get for keeps first if I still need some I'll get on to you.

Bitemybanger, no hurry at all, a thousand or so would be brilliant well worth the wait. Where are you based?

Bitemybanger, no hurry at all, a thousand or so would be brilliant well worth the wait. Where are you based?

Meath/Dublin.
    Ill see what i can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Just by way of a heads-up, "Empty brass shells" are regarded as 'ammunition' in and of themselves under the Firearms Acts:
    1.—(1) In this Act—
    “ammunition” (except where used in relation to a prohibited weapon) means ammunition for a firearm and includes—
    (a) grenades, bombs and other similar missiles, whether or not capable of being used with a firearm,
    (b) any ingredient or component part of any such ammunition or missile, and
    (c) restricted ammunition, unless the context otherwise requires;
    This has been discussed here several times before:
    Spent cases
    What do you do?
    Empties!!!!

Technically, in order to possess empty brass, you should have an individual Firearm Certificate for each calibre (and quantity thereof).

Now, in the real world, this is most unlikely to be an issue unless someone has been 'naughty' under some other heading, in which case 'possession of unlicenced ammunition' might be a nice addendum to a list of prosecution charges, but it might be no harm for the OP here to have a chat with their local Gardai before taking possession of "an impressively large number of shells".

Yeah I've heard about that from a few people,
    Is it true you can just drill a hole in the end and its safe? Or do I need a cert anyway? Are they easy to get/would I be waiting long?

Rovi wrote: »
    Just by way of a heads-up, "Empty brass shells" are regarded as 'ammunition' in and of themselves under the Firearms Acts:
    This has been discussed here several times before:
    Spent cases
    What do you do?
    Empties!!!!

Technically, in order to possess empty brass, you should have an individual Firearm Certificate for each calibre (and quantity thereof).

Now, in the real world, this is most unlikely to be an issue unless someone has been 'naughty' under some other heading, in which case 'possession of unlicenced ammunition' might be a nice addendum to a list of prosecution charges, but it might be no harm for the OP here to have a chat with their local Gardai before taking possession of "an impressively large number of shells".

Hmmm, was not aware you need a licence for empty casings:o
    suppose that idea is out the window corkarcher2, sorry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement