Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting Visitor Messages?

Options
  • 05-02-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

I know its come up before but cant find any threads.

Just wondering if theres a way to delete VMs so that you dont get left with the visible deleted message i.e. This message has been deleted by 6th. Reason cleanup

Its only a problem because lets say I have 150 messages and I delete all of them bar the odd 1 or 2, that means I have 11 pages of deleted messages to go through to see any that I left.

I understand that they need to be visible by admins etc in case of abuse etc but surely like PMs they can be removed from sight for the user.

That make sense?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I was actually talking to an admin the other day about this matter and they told me there's no way to permanently delete them

which is a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It doesnt seem as though vBulletin has yet ironed out some of that sideshow stuff - like the visitor page and the groups. Both are still functionally handicapped.

Advertisement