Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SSN: Reports Terry dropped as captain

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Jazzy wrote: »
    how is that sad CHD? just because hes chelski captain that doesnt mean that he isnt a nasty nasty man. i also dislike nasty ppl.
    i have said many times how gerrard is an idiot who should shut his mouth, still love him on the pitch and hes still liverpool captain and ill still support him, but a spade is a spade.

Terry IS a nasty human being. you might not like it, but you have to go along with it. calling other ppl sad because they are delighted he got taken down a peg or 2 for being a dishonest ass who cheated on his wife and his kids is plain stupid tbh.

he has shown no class, no honesty and doesnt seem to give a sh1t about the future consequences of his actions. he tried to take the glory by scoring the penalty in 2008 and fell on his ass. a centre back should never have taken that. now hes gone and cheated on his wife with a good friends ex who is the mother of his child and hes fallen on his ass again. he has dug his own grave and as has been said numerous times, it couldnt happen to a nicer man.

like it or not
    I have said many times how much of an idiot he is. He is a muppet and unbelievably thick. This has no effect on anyone here. They don't support Chelsea or England so being ''delighted'' at this is sad.

like it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Frisbee wrote:
    Rooney would be an awful awful choice as captain.

Rio/Lampard/Gerrard/Barry surely

I don't see why you think that. I believe Capello has already earmarked Rooney as a future England captain so why not now. He's not as hotheaded as he once was and is in the form of his life. He's inspiring United's title challenge brilliantly and now that he has settled down and become a father he seems to be channelling his aggression in the right manner.

When you look to players to inspire the team you consider the likes of Rooney and Gerrard. I'm also astonished you'd consider Gareth Barry over Rooney.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Is it.. I am glad people cheating on their wives amuses you. I can't believe that their is a discussion about something that is in the football news in a discussion forum... about football.... This is crazy.
    When did I say it amuses me? I didn't. Just give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Captain
    Vice Capt
    3rd choice.

Meaning Rio will probably get it and 3rd choice will be VC.

oh sorry, i read it as something completely different.

Would love it to be Rio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

http://thefa.com/England/MensSeniorTeam/NewsAndFeatures/2010/JohnTerryStatement.aspx
    FA Statement

Friday, 05 February, 2010

England Manager Fabio Capello today issued the following statement:
    “After much thought, I have made the decision that it will be best for me to take the captaincy away from John Terry.

“As a captain with the team, John Terry has displayed extremely positive behaviour. However, I have to take into account other considerations and what is best for all of the England squad.

“What is best for all of the England team has inspired my choice.

“John Terry was notified first.

“When I chose John Terry as captain, I also selected a vice-captain and also named a third choice. There is no reason to change this decision.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank The FA, particularly Lord David Triesman and Ian Watmore for allowing me to make this decision in my own time and in the best interest of the team.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

deisedevil wrote: »
    Could a Mod move this to PI please. LOL :D

I would really rather they didn't :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I would really rather they didn't :p

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

So it'll be Rio then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

CHD wrote: »
    When did I say it amuses me? I didn't. Just give up.

Eh.. No. Just post with common sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rio will spend most of the time injured probably. Who's the third choice he referred to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Think i remember someone saying it was lamps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Presume Gerard is the 3rd choice? They were the original 3 mentioned back last year weren't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

A lot of 'good two shoes' here :rolleyes:

Who's the third choice captain? Didn't know they had one.

Lol, messages of support for Terry on SSN !

/ Awaits NOTW campaign to get Terry reinstated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Really?

They're pro's doing a job. The fact is Terry is still a great defender and a great leader. The respect will still be there imo

Please explain to me how the respect will still be there? He rode his teammates girlfriend. So im sitting here in the dressing room thinking. "Jese if he did that to "supposedly" one of his best friends this shows that this guy has no morales or loyalty."

Yes hes a great defender and that wont change but if you think this doesnt effect how other team mates think and react to Terry then your deluded. Seriously.

Why would he be dropped as England captain if the same respect was there? Obviously one of the top managers in the world doesnt think the same way as you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Lol, messages of support for Terry on SSN !

/ Awaits NOTW campaign to get Terry reinstated.
    There's probably a facebook page on the way too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

SSN: Rio Ferdinand is the new England Captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

There's probably a facebook page on the way too.

and a petition

• Advertisement

Eh.. No. Just post with common sense.
    You should try it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

I have said many times how much of an idiot he is. He is a muppet and unbelievably thick. This has no effect on anyone here. They don't support Chelsea or England so being ''delighted'' at this is sad.

like it or not.

WHAT????!!!!!!

thats a ridiculous statement. have you not realised that 95% of the discussion on this forum is about the EPL? have you not realised that people comment all the time about other teams & other players?

as has been said 1,000,000 times on the superthreads, you dont have to be a fan to post about the team. same goes for this.

what would you like to happen? for this to be ignored? what about that gerrard thread a while back when he punched someone in the face? i saw no cries of "thats just sad tbh" from you then. very selective there.

stories like this happen a lot in football and this is quite an interesting one because it involves John Terry, the best defender in the PL for the past 5 years or so & a former team mate (and good friend) of his. it gives insight into the dressing rooms of the clubs (which is something we rarely see or witness) and to find out something like this is pretty extraordinary. especially that the only team from the british isles to be in the world cup is england and he just happens to be captain of them. we will get the most media over flow and the most interest in the WC from this country will be on england. so saying the following "They don't support Chelsea or England so being ''delighted'' at this is sad." is a load of bullsh1t and the only reason you are being so adamant in defending all this and hoping it goes away is because you support chelsea, and Terry is mr. chelsea.
    take off the blue specs and dont call ppl sad just because you dont like how much hype this story is getting, thats not cool

redout wrote: »

Is your SSN a few minutes ahead of mine ? :confused:

LoL at all the Chelsea supporters interviewed on SSN

They had 5 interviews just on outside Stamford Bridge and every single one said Terry should not have been sacked!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Do people know for sure or not whether she was still with Bridge when he began this affair? Surely that's what it all boils down to

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Is your SSN a few minutes ahead of mne ? :confused:

Did you not just see them get that from the press association like 6-7 mins ago they just said it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Christ, why the huge font?

They had 5 interviews just on outside Stamford Bridge and every single one said Terry should not have been sacked!

In fairness, they are hardly going to slate their club captain on TV

dartsfan wrote: »
    Do people know for sure or not whether she was still with Bridge when he began this affair? Surely that's what it all boils down to

I think she was as it was meant to be going on a few months wasnt it? Either way its not on.

joe123 wrote: »
    Please explain to me how the respect will still be there? He rode his teammates girlfriend. So im sitting here in the dressing room thinking. "Jese if he did that to "supposedly" one of his best friends this shows that this guy has no morales or loyalty."

Yes hes a great defender and that wont change but if you think this doesnt effect how other team mates think and react to Terry then your deluded. Seriously.

Why would he be dropped as England captain if the same respect was there? Obviously one of the top managers in the world doesnt think the same way as you.

NO he didnt.

The players wont be sat there worrying about things like that. They'll recognise he's a human and a bit retarded. People do stupid stuff.

And I dont think i said same respect, I just said they will still have respect for him as a footballer. He's still a great footballer and with him there we have a much better chance of doing well in the WC - this is what the players will recognise.

Massive LOL at all the moral outrage. Didn't realise you cared about the English national team so much. I think the big issue for a lot of people, and in particular on here, is that they didn't like JT in the first place and this story suits them fine.

Did you not just see them get that from the press association like 6-7 mins ago they just said it.

No missed it flicking about the channels

• Advertisement

Delighted for Rio. Massive honour!

article-1078271-04C1278C0000044D-758_468x332.jpg

be careful though Rio

Delighted for Rio. Massive honour!

article-1078271-04C1278C0000044D-758_468x332.jpg

be careful though Rio

He is just texting his missus telling her the team bus has broken down and he'll be home late :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Nice. A druggie replaces a cheat.

NO he didnt.

Eh what the **** did he do so??
    The players wont be sat there worrying about things like that. They'll recognise he's a human and a bit retarded. People do stupid stuff.

And I dont think i said same respect, I just said they will still have respect for him as a footballer. He's still a great footballer and with him there we have a much better chance of doing well in the WC - this is what the players will recognise.

As im sure JT has friends in the England dressing room, im sure Wayne Bridge has aswell. Id be nearly certain there will be lads in that team now thinking what a wanker JT is. It has to effect morale within the squad.
    Massive LOL at all the moral outrage. Didn't realise you cared about the English national team so much. I think the big issue for a lot of people, and in particular on here, is that they didn't like JT in the first place and this story suits them fine.

If this is directed at me you're wrong. I actually didnt mind him and felt sorry for him after that penalty miss. Didnt love him or hate him.

That's crap no more drug tests for Rio now he is the captain. So he won't get caught or "forget" his appointment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

yeah rio is definately a good choice i reckon. he is another big idiot but likeable in that novelty way :p

oh, and hes street

Pal wrote: »

and so it begins....

Eh what the **** did he do so??

EX, EX, EX, EX

From the stuff I have read its said its his EX girlfriend. If it was while Bridge was with her then that changes things.

As im sure JT has friends in the England dressing room, im sure Wayne Bridge has aswell. Id be nearly certain there will be lads in that team now thinking what a wanker JT is. It has to effect morale within the squad.

Im really not sure what sort of effect it will have on moral. I honestly think its being blown way out or proportion and when it comes to actually playing football it wont make a difference.

If this is directed at me you're wrong. I actually dont mind him and felt sorry for him after that penalty miss. Didnt love him or hate him.

Was kind of the forum as a whole but you did seem particularly angry at something thats really unlikely to affect ya in anyway.

Genuine q, are you and England or Chelsea fan? I'm not saying this would mean you would then not be entitled to have a view but I would question why it bothers you and others here so much

Jazzy wrote: »
    WHAT????!!!!!!

thats a ridiculous statement. have you not realised that 95% of the discussion on this forum is about the EPL? have you not realised that people comment all the time about other teams & other players?

as has been said 1,000,000 times on the superthreads, you dont have to be a fan to post about the team. same goes for this.

what would you like to happen? for this to be ignored? what about that gerrard thread a while back when he punched someone in the face? i saw no cries of "thats just sad tbh" from you then. very selective there.

stories like this happen a lot in football and this is quite an interesting one because it involves John Terry, the best defender in the PL for the past 5 years or so & a former team mate (and good friend) of his. it gives insight into the dressing rooms of the clubs (which is something we rarely see or witness) and to find out something like this is pretty extraordinary. especially that the only team from the british isles to be in the world cup is england and he just happens to be captain of them. we will get the most media over flow and the most interest in the WC from this country will be on england. so saying the following "They don't support Chelsea or England so being ''delighted'' at this is sad." is a load of bullsh1t and the only reason you are being so adamant in defending all this and hoping it goes away is because you support chelsea, and Terry is mr. chelsea.
    take off the blue specs and dont call ppl sad just because you dont like how much hype this story is getting, thats not cool

First off Terry has not been the best defender.

I'm not a fan of Terry, there is alot of proof.

Of course you don't need to be a fan to post about England but to have interest in this where the outcome delights you is sad, it is sad because people are only delighted because it is Terry who is hated because he is Mr.Chelsea. This story is getting hype because of the media, I think we all agree they are a retarded bunch, and everyone is going along with it. It is like something that goes on in Hello magazine or something it has't much to do with football. People have the facts wrong in this aswell. Terry is now no longer England captain and this should just all end now.

If you really think people are interested in this because ''it gives insight into the dressing rooms of the clubs'' your amazingly wrong. People are here to bash Terry, they don't care. That is sad.

What do you expect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Terry.jpg

What do you expect?

Honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

what an utter retarded post
    whats your problem mate ??? just gave my view that john terry was a bad Choice as captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Harsh - Too thick to turn up for the appointment I'll buy :D

Honesty.
    It would be the same at every ground in the country if it was there club captain.

I do love the fact that SSN are showing clips of Terry with Cappello there to see can you notice anything in it, as if Terry is going to be standing there motioning that he is riding someone.

JT statement:

"I fully respect Fabio Capellos decision.

I will contunue to give my all for England"

antod wrote: »
    whats your problem mate ??? just gave my view that john terry was a bad Choice as captain.

On what grounds was he, at the time, a bad choice? He's been a great leader of a pretty successful team and a key component in a fantastic defence for his club. He's played well consistently for his country. Was a pretty natural choice along with Rio and Gerrard.
    antod wrote: »
    there is 5 or 6 players in that england squad that are damage goods so its a tough choice for cappello.

Then you say this...?

What the hell is damaged goods? He's spoilt for choice imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

LOL at dismissing Terry for moral reasons and then getting in Rio Ferdinand.

Frankly I can't believe Tony Hibbert didn't get it. He would have led England to absolute triumph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Might be rather blunt but this comment has its merits. Surely if you are gonna take the captaincy from someone for having an affair then you shouldn't give it to someone who was suspended for dodging a drug-test. Just give it to the prostitute granny-fcuker and be done with it.

Advertisement