Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SSN: Reports Terry dropped as captain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭The Davestator

The slut at the centre of all this of all this is getting a seriously easy ride from the media so far. That will change now that the 'captaincy debate' has ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The correct decision.

Now if we can just cook up an elaborate plot involving Robbie Keane riding Andy Reid's missus....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Warper wrote: »
    Might be rather blunt but this comment has its merits. Surely if you are gonna take the captaincy from someone for having an affair then you shouldn't give it to someone who was suspended for dodging a drug-test. Just give it to the prostitute granny-fcuker and be done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Warper wrote: »
    Might be rather blunt but this comment has its merits. Surely if you are gonna take the captaincy from someone for having an affair then you shouldn't give it to someone who was suspended for dodging a drug-test. Just give it to the prostitute granny-fcuker and be done with it.

If it was proven he had taken drugs it would have some merit.

I doubt rio is whiter than white.

I doubt any of them are.

But doing the mother of your best mates child behind his back is in a different league and it affects so many different dynamics of the team.

The slut at the centre of all this of all this is getting a seriously easy ride from the media so far. That will change now that the 'captaincy debate' has ended.

she's to receive 250k for her story.

That's just the terry one.

If she offers the mutu and guddy, she could be in for a serious pay day

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

CHD wrote: »
    it is sad because people are only delighted because it is Terry who is hated because he is Mr.Chelsea.

no. thats not it at all. numerous times he has shown himself up to be a complete ass, now its all coming back to him so ppl are delighted to see just deserves. its nothing to do with chelsea, get that idea right out of your head
    CHD wrote:
    People are here to bash Terry, they don't care. That is sad.

your bang right people are here to bash terry, and why not? the man has kids, he cheated on them. my dad has no allegiance to any club (except Queen of the South) and hes bashing him too. he gets paid and insane amount of money every week and he cant keep his cock in his pants around a friends ex who is the mother of his kid (and they had only been broken up a short while).

whats sad about bashing this nasty man? nothing CHD, nothing is sad about bashing him. there is no opinion on this, its right and wrong. terry is bang wrong and deserves the flak he gets from this forum, and from everywhere else. HE f**ked up and now he has to deal with the consequences. you calling ppl sad over bashing him just looks like the desperate mutterings of someone who is trying to get off a half hearted smug 1-up in this whole thing. no1 is sad for bashing him and saying that is delusional idiocy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    EX, EX, EX, EX

From the stuff I have read its said its his EX girlfriend. If it was while Bridge was with her then that changes things.

He started having the affair within weeks of Bridge having broke up with her. Considering how serious a relationship it was, it was not appropriate for Terry to begin a relationship so quickly. But the biggest criticisms are over the way he handled it, the secrecy etc. Reportedly Bridge never found out about the affair 'til it hit the media, that's not acceptable behaviour for someone in Terry's position tbh. Trust is essential for Terry's role as Captain in both clubs so that type of behaviour is unacceptable off the field. If he handled the situation more maturely this wouldn't be the issue it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

ntlbell wrote: »

That's just the terry one.

If she offers the mutu and guddy, she could be in for a serious pay day

Wha? Mutu and Gudjohnson as well?

Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Pal wrote: »
    Nice. A druggie replaces a cheat.

Proof or gtfo?

To be honest, not really bothered about who is captain - although I'd prefer to see the backlash fall Terry's way when things go tits up in Africa and not Rio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

This is just an elaborate merk by Rio

J Tizzle will be lol'ing at all of this by tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Ah sure who gives a crud about Terry, Bridge's ex or the England captaincy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Source?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8495604.stm
    Meanwhile, Perroncel, a lingerie model and former nightclub hostess, said she would not be selling her story.

In a statement read on her behalf by publicist Max Clifford, Perroncel said: "I have decided I do not want to speak publicly about the speculation since it only seems to add more fuel to the fire.

"I have a three-year-old son and he is my main concern. I do not believe speaking to newspapers or the media is in his interest or my own."

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    On what grounds was he, at the time, a bad choice? He's been a great leader of a pretty successful team and a key component in a fantastic defence for his club. He's played well consistently for his country. Was a pretty natural choice along with Rio and Gerrard.

Then you say this...?

What the hell is damaged goods? He's spoilt for choice imo
    oh your right the team is full of angels ,ashley cole ,john terry ,gerrard all angels all right what a laugh.

Xavi6 wrote: »

Just for you baby.

I'll rephrase.

She is to receive 250k IF she tells her story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Jazzy wrote: »
    no. thats not it at all. numerous times he has shown himself up to be a complete ass, now its all coming back to him so ppl are delighted to see just deserves. its nothing to do with chelsea, get that idea right out of your head

your bang right people are here to bash terry, and why not? the man has kids, he cheated on them. my dad has no allegiance to any club (except Queen of the South) and hes bashing him too. he gets paid and insane amount of money every week and he cant keep his cock in his pants around a friends ex who is the mother of his kid (and they had only been broken up a short while).

whats sad about bashing this nasty man? nothing CHD, nothing is sad about bashing him. there is no opinion on this, its right and wrong. terry is bang wrong and deserves the flak he gets from this forum, and from everywhere else. HE f**ked up and now he has to deal with the consequences. you calling ppl sad over bashing him just looks like the desperate mutterings of someone who is trying to get off a half hearted smug 1-up in this whole thing. no1 is sad for bashing him and saying that is delusional idiocy
    So you admit you and everyone else are just here to bash him. That is sad. Why aren't you bashing every other person who does this kind of stuff? Get off your high horse and grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

If it was proven he had taken drugs it would have some merit.

I doubt rio is whiter than white.

I doubt any of them are.

But doing the mother of your best mates child behind his back is in a different league and it affects so many different dynamics of the team.
    Racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just for you baby.

I'll rephrase.

She is to receive 250k IF she tells her story.

Good man. Nothing like clarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

antod wrote: »
    oh your right the team is full of angels ,ashley cole ,john terry ,gerrard all angels all right what a laugh.

are you just making stuff up now?

Where did I say they were angels. Every single one of them will have skeletons in their closets like every single person in the world does.

What counts is how good they are as footballers and leaders on the pitch.

Have to leave this thread anyway as there are a lot of retarded posts tilting me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Please don't call her a slut!

That's just rude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

This thread has just gone to the dogs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

some funny jokes

So you admit you and everyone else are just here to bash him. That is sad. Why aren't you bashing every other person who does this kind of stuff? Get off your high horse and grow up.

what other footballer rode his mates ex who had a kid from him?

line them up, I'll bash them.

what other footballer rode his mates ex who had a kid from him?

line them up, I'll bash them.
    All cheaters are as bad as each other. Start with Rooney.

um, i would bash anyone who cheats on their wife and children. theres nothing sad about that. stop being desperate. John Terry is rightfully being put through the sh1t grinder and that makes me very happy.

you just want there to be something sad about it, funny you should mention high horses here as you appear to be trying to climb one by calling everyone "sad".

he cheated on his wife and children with a mates ex, if anything is sad here, its that. and yes, the position hes in and the amount he gets paid and the amount of publicity he has - he should be bashed and ridiculed.
    your clutching at straws and not doing yourself or terry any favours by taking the offence and calling ppl sad.

any person that has that much publicity and does the same thing would get bashed by me and numerous others so the "Why aren't you bashing every other person who does this kind of stuff?" part of your arguement is completely irrelevant. dishonesty and cheating like this has to be bashed and ridiculed, what sort of example would it set if it wasnt?

All cheaters are as bad as each other. Start with Rooney.

Start a thread then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

WTF? I leave the computer for an hour and a poster is calling me 'sad' for not liking a player and then goes and makes up his own reasons why I don't like him :confused:

CHD, I couldn't give two flying fcuks who John Terry plays for. I couldn't care less if he was captain of Chelsea or a reserve at Accrington. The man cheated on his wife with the girlfriend of his ex-teammate. That is NOT the kind of leadership you would expect from a national team captain, and if Robbie Keane ever did something similar I'd want him away from the Irish captaincy as soon as humanly possible.

If you want to believe there are different reasons why I'm glad he's no longer English captain anymore that's fine, but with all due respect I'm the one that knows why I don't like him, not you.

<insert desperate BS here>
    Stop talking crap will ya?
    Start a thread then :rolleyes:

You do it, you want to bash them.
    Daysha wrote: »
    WTF? I leave the computer for an hour and a poster is calling me 'sad' for not liking a player and then goes and makes up his own reasons why I don't like him :confused:

CHD, I couldn't give two flying fcuks who John Terry plays for. I couldn't care less if he was captain of Chelsea or a reserve at Accrington. The man cheated on his wife with the girlfriend of his ex-teammate. That is NOT the kind of leadership you would expect from a national team captain, and if Robbie Keane ever did something similar I'd want him away from the Irish captaincy as soon as humanly possible.

If you want to believe there are different reasons why I'm glad he's no longer English captain anymore that's fine, but with all due respect I'm the one that knows why I don't like him, not you.
    Blab on all you like, your delighted because he is ''Mr.Chelsea'' . You couldn't care less about the stuff you are going on about. I know I am right.

You do it, you want to bash them.

Blab on all you like, your delighted because he is ''Mr.Chelsea'' . You couldn't care less about the stuff you are going on about. I know I am right.

why would people have a problem with "Mr. Chelsea" whatever the f*ck that means?

It's not like he's a very successful player than everyone wants to take down of his pedistole is he?

The guy can't as much as take a peno ffs.

It has nothing to do with being mr chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

this article is taken from the football uk website

05 Feb 2010 - 07:12:36

The Antagonist - The England team are a universally flawed bunch
    The Antagonist - The England team are a universally flawed bunch

John Terry, John Terry and more John Terry.

Terrygate has dominated newspapers, TV and online coverage all week and looks set to run and run. The public just don't seem to be able to get enough of it.

The media, naturally enough, are desperate to eke out the story and are continually trawling the Chelsea social set to find new angles on the affair, interviewing disparate acquaintances with tenuous connections to the Terrys such as Lizzie Cundy, wife of C-list leather-punter Jason, who appeared on consecutive mornings this week on GMTV.

Described as 'a family friend', her only apparent contribution to the debate was the assertion that we need Terry at the World Cup because he's a jolly good player and then she trotted out the usual cliche about giving the family some space.

Pity JT didn't give VP a bit more space and all this could have been avoided.

So, what does Fabio do about it?

A change of captain would certainly help to diffuse a situation that is rapidly becoming an unnecessary distraction in the run up to the World Cup. However, when we start looking at the possible options things maybe aren't so clear.

Presumably, the captain must be a player who is likely to be first choice in his position, barring injury, for all the major games. So who have we got?

Rio? Oh yes there was that drug test thing a few years ago and he's a bit inclined towards practical joking and driving a bit recklessly.

Ashley C? Extra-marital affairs a speciality and likes driving his Lamborghini in excess of 100mph then blaming it on chasing paparazzi and losing his licence. Also, he's generally a bit of a plonker so, maybe not.

Becks? Probably won't be a regular and there was the rather tawdry Rebecca Loos interlude in 2004 which occasionally comes back to haunt him.

Stevie G? Recently been in court on an assault charge. Bish, bosh...bit of a risk.

Joey C? Involved in a love dispute over a glamour model and ended up, bruised and battered, wandering the London streets shirtless, phoneless and skint until his dad ordered him a cab.

Fat Frank? A leaked video of his involvement in a holiday orgy didn't help his case, and more recently the ditching of the mother of his children would make him a dangerous choice.

Wazza? Maybe the best of a bad bunch but even he is not squeaky clean and unfortunately doesn't appear to be able to shake off his 'grabagranny' tag.

Not so straightforward is it?

Why do all the above (and many, many more) seem to have such blemished records?

My theory is threefold.

Firstly, here are young men who are, almost exclusively, not the sharpest knives in the drawer. I partly exclude Fat Frank here who, I believe, may have acquired a few GCSEs but, nevertheless, the majority think with their feet (and sometimes other parts of their anatomy) rather than their brains. This can often lead them into making rash, unconsidered decisions they will later regret.

If you add to this the fact that most of them are relatively young, naive and inexperienced when they achieve success, you can see that already we have a recipe for disaster.

Secondly, the nature of their profession, like other sportsmen, demands extreme levels of fitness and energy. The competitive nature of their work encourages the presence of high levels of testosterone which normally can be harnessed during training or matches but, in social circumstances sometimes need other outlets (I'll leave you to work that one out).

Finally, the amount of money slushing around in the game these days makes top players extremely attractive to the predatory type of woman who hangs around on the celebrity fringes waiting for crumb of encouragement from egocentric, alcohol-fuelled footballers. These vultures are often ruthless, gold-digging publicity seekers who will go to great lengths to capture their prey and, having had their evil way, look to further exploit them through the tabloid press.

The relating of such liaisons is commonplace in the gutter press but each episode usually burns itself out in a few days when interest starts to wane or a new scandal emerges. Unfortunately, this time, Terry transgressed the unwritten law. He crossed the line. He slept with his best mate's bird.

Great press fodder but, for the bloke that's cuckolded, the ultimate insult.

If it had been anyone else other than the mother of his child, Wayne Bridge would, no doubt, have been straight on the phone to Mr T offering him support and a shoulder to cry on. Now, he is considering making the biggest sacrifice a sportsman can make; refusing to play for his country if John Terry is involved.

Betrayal of a mate is, in a nutshell, the horns of this dilemma.

Footballers are team players. Sleep around with strangers and over time you will probably be forgiven by the public, if not your partner, but mess with a mucker and you pay the price.

John Terry will pay the price. Be 100-per-cent sure of it.

He may get his wife back but he cannot hope to fully regain the respect and trust of his team-mates.

For that reason and that reason alone he has to go even if it means replacing him with slightly soiled goods.

Hopefully he will have enough dignity to make the decision himself. Later today we may find out.

• Advertisement

why would people have a problem with "Mr. Chelsea" whatever the f*ck that means?

It's not like he's a very successful player than everyone wants to take down of his pedistole is he?

I agree

It has nothing to do with being mr chelsea.
    Yes it does, do you think people react like this when some A list celeb cheats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Lads seeing as you are all bitching, I may as well join in. This thread is absolutely terrible! :p

I agree

on their best mate who had thier child

I'd say yes.

again, show me where this happened and there wasn't a backlash?

no?

nothing?

Sound.

stop stealing my phrases to back up your p1ss poor arguement.

"Yes it does, do you think people react like this when some A list celeb cheats?"

Brad Pitt got ridiculed for cheating on jennifer aniston... but you see, brad pitt hasnt been a nasty man for years and years and build himself up for an even bigger fall. John Terry did.

every A-List celeb goes through the sh1t grinder when they cheat and pending on what they are like and how they are percieved then that will dictate the future perceptions of that person. John Terry has been nasty for years and hence, now that hes going through the sh1t grinder peoples perception of him will drop even lower.

you are clutching at straws at this stage CHD. how can i tell?
    "Blab on all you like, your delighted because he is ''Mr.Chelsea'' . You couldn't care less about the stuff you are going on about. I know I am right."
    there. you sum it up right there. you are basing everything on what you want, not what is. poor arguement technique

on their best mate who had thier child

I'd say yes.

again, show me where this happened and there wasn't a backlash?

no?

nothing?

Sound.
    Ha, do you ever think before you post. Obv you don't.

The little difference here is rivalry. Opposition fans don't like him so they jump on the bandwagon. It is sad. There wouldn't be a backlash like this is if it was the Scottish captain. People are jumping on because it is Terry. Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

He started having the affair within weeks of Bridge having broke up with her. Considering how serious a relationship it was, it was not appropriate for Terry to begin a relationship so quickly.

Bridge and Terry were neighbours, then Bridge got his move to Citeh and moved north, but the lass (mother of his child remember) stayed put.

JT, being the all round good guy that he is provided advice and "friendship" to her while she struggled with the pressures of a long distance relationship with JT's good mate Bridge. Meanwhile, as mates do, JT provided advice to Bridge while he struggled with the pressures of a long distance relationship with Perroncel. He did the latter without telling his good mate Bridge that he was also providing advice and "friendship" to Perroncel. Like you would want to keep that one secret, yeah?

They eventually split in July of last year, JT is supposed to have nobbed her in September. She fell pregnant a few weeks later, and JT, being the all round sporting type of chap that he is paid her £20k to have an abortion.

To top it all of, JT, dad of two, was voted Dad of the Year in the summer of 2009, while all this was going on.

Go JT!!!

:p

• Advertisement

Ha, do you ever think before you post. Obv you don't.

The little difference here is rivalry. Opposition fans don't like him so they jump on the bandwagon. It is sad. There wouldn't be a backlash like this is if it was the Scottish captain. People are jumping on because it is Terry. Pathetic.

Isn't the Scottish captain Darren Fletcher, so going by your arguement people would be jumping on his back if he ever did. But your saying they wouldn't.

Dig up stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I agree

Yeah, you are so right. No one said a feaking peep about tiger woods.

Yeah, you are so right. No one said a feaking peep about tiger woods.
    People lol'd. Nobody jumped on him.

What papers were you reading?

because he set himself up for this. he has been unlikeable for years and years and now its all coming down on him. his behaviour on the pitch & his intimidation of officials stand out to me as his biggest footballing nuances. off field, well... its speaking for itself now :) he just got stripped of being captain for his country, something that footballers dream of since they are children, all down to his disgusting character.

so there ya go CHD. there is nothing pathetic about it as much as you want there to be. its very easy to write words like "pathetic" and "sad" on the internet and imply them at a person or group of people just because you feel passionate but that does not make it true. thats why you are clutching at straws and thats why you are wrong.

like it or not :)

• Advertisement

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    What papers were you reading?
    Im talking about people not the media. Of course the media jump on these people, your not that stupid are you?

Im talking about people not the media. Of course the media jump on these people, your not that stupid are you?

No but I am starting to think you are. Your just talking yourself in circles and think by going "Stupid" or "Sad" it means you win. Your just making yourself look like such a tool.

because he set himself up for this. he has been unlikeable for years and years and now its all coming down on him. his behaviour on the pitch & his intimidation of officials stand out to me as his biggest footballing nuances. off field, well... its speaking for itself now :) he just got stripped of being captain for his country, something that footballers dream of since they are children, all down to his disgusting character.

so there ya go CHD. there is nothing pathetic about it as much as you want there to be. its very easy to write words like "pathetic" and "sad" on the internet and imply them at a person or group of people just because you feel passionate but that does not make it true. thats why you are clutching at straws and thats why you are wrong.

like it or not :)
    The nonsense you keep coming out with is funny. Please write out another big post full of hot air in reply, I need another laugh.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    No but I am starting to think you are. Your just talking yourself in circles and think by going "Stupid" or "Sad" it means you win. Your just making yourself look like such a tool.
    I havn't gone around in circles, the fcat you are talking about winning shows what you are at.

I havn't gone around in circles, the fcat you are talking about winning shows what you are at.
    No it dosn't. Its the way you are coming across whether you like it or not.

WHAT?! stop smugly trying to 1-up ppl ffs.
    yes people jumped on him and called him all sorts of stuff. they didnt just 'lol' as you put it, and if they did - what about this: is this not lolling too?????

are you just ignoring sh1t again to suit your arguement? or are you making stuff up like you just did with Daysha? as i said, p1ss poor arguement and your proving that with every post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rubbish lad, people were having a go at him from every angle. He lost sponsorship deals and had to step away from the tour.

You're talking some rubbish on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Oh dear...

The nonsense you keep coming out with is funny. Please write out another big post full of hot air in reply, I need another laugh.

is my 'hot air' (another example of just sticking words in a post to sound good) making you look wrong? do you not have a good counter arguement?

you sound like your backed into a corner now. you barely even know what to say, your not even attempting to create a good point. give it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Wow. This thread really devolved into crap.

Anyway, I'm glad Capello got shot of him. It's clear that something like this has the potential to split the dressing room mere months before the WC. What Terry did was stupid and cowardly but even though I really despise him for the money grabbing, dodgy dealing, serial cheating ways I don't think he's should be burned at the stake but he didn't help himself in the wake of the scandal either. There is no doubt that plenty of footballers out there are playing away from home (sorry) and to make such a big deal about this case is unfortunate for Terry, and more so for his wife and kids. However the fact is he was the Captain of England. He's supposed to lead a group of players, earn their trust so that he can help rally them when they're 1 nil down to Portugal. He lost that trust and his silent response to the whole affair has led him in the same direction as Tiger Woods. It would have been a far better thing for him to come out and resign the captaincy - making it easier for Capello, and publically apologise to his wife AND Wayne Bridge. At least people could have found some sliver respect for him for doing that. Alas he didn't. He hid from the public when times got tough. Not exactly leadership qualities....

• Advertisement
Advertisement