Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SSN: Reports Terry dropped as captain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The right decision has been made but Rio? Really?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

My argument is you are a sad bunch jumping on this, because you are jumping on this because he is John Terry. That is sad and you keep proving me right with all of your posts going on like you care about the England dressing room and his family.

I am right so you's say my argument is piss poor or I'm going in circles when I'm not.

Also Headshot, Try posting on the issue instead of thanking posts that are anti me. You can do it.

Going training now so will leave you all to your Terry bashing.

Jazzy wrote: »
    is my 'hot air' (another example of just sticking words in a post to sound good) making you look wrong? do you not have a good counter arguement?

you sound like your backed into a corner now. you barely even know what to say, your not even attempting to create a good point. give it up
    I hav made my point but you just answer with the same crap, pretty pointless us going back and forth I think you will agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CHD, fact is if he had just had an affair with some random bird I would not care. I dont particularly care anyway. However, the affair he had could impact his leadership of players he is supposed to be led and reapected. People aren't saying he should be stripped of the chelsea captaincy, or dropped. Just that he should be stripped of the england captaincy, the captaincy affected by what he has done.

You are trying to make peoples arguments more, or different, than they are in yourutterly blind defence terry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

How can a leader lead the team if he has lost respect of his team mates? He can't. The fact of the matter is, Wayne Bridge, on the law of averages still would have a lot of friends that fall into the Chelsea and England camp. He's obviously lost a bit of respect and I'm sure Capello has talked to his players about this. Capello is a fair man, and despite my lust for England to crash and burn at the WC, Capello has made the right decision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

CHD wrote: »
    My argument is you are a sad bunch jumping on this, because you are jumping on this because he is John Terry.

and you are f**king right we are. it has nothing to do with chelsea (as you keep insisting but again, were proved wrong about), its to do with John Terry. the man is being put the sh1t grinder and rightfully so.
    your smug "sad" and "pathetic" comments do nothing here but serve to highlight delusion. you are only defending him so much because he IS chelsea captain and 'Mr. Chelsea'.

each time you have come up with a point its been almost immediatly disproved:
    *the 'only because hes Mr. Chelsea' one - disproved by Daysha
    *the 'A-List celebrity' one - disproved by ntlbell & one mr T.Woods
    *the 'what about every other cheating footballer' one - disproved again by ntlbell
    *the 'sad and pathetic' one - disproved by the fact that what Terry did is sad and pathetic and ppl bashing him for CHEATING ON HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN WITH HIS MATES EX sorta puts into context what really is sad and pathetic. people voicing their disapproval of retarded, dickhead behavior is not sad and pathetic, no matter what words you vainly attempt to use or how you dress it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My argument is you are a sad bunch jumping on this, because you are jumping on this because he is John Terry. That is sad and you keep proving me right with all of your posts going on like you care about the England dressing room and his family.

I am right so you's say my argument is piss poor or I'm going in circles when I'm not.

Also Headshot, Try posting on the issue instead of thanking posts that are anti me. You can do it.

Going training now so will leave you all to your Terry bashing.

I thank posts because they are right

im not you CHD thanking your brother in the man utd thread all the time
    grow up lad (your bloody 1 ups get really tiring)

I do care about the England dressing room because I want to see them win the WC

btw jazzy posts have been on the ball

Headshot wrote: »
    I thank posts because they are right

im not you CHD thanking your brother in the man utd thread all the time
    grow up lad

I do care about the England dressing room because I want to see them win the WC

btw jazzy posts have been on the ball
    Who is my brother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Johner wrote: »
    The right decision has been made but Rio? Really?
    I think given the choices it was the right decision. Maybe Stevie G but definitely one of the 2 of them. I would have loved to see Rooney get it but it's probably better not to weigh him down with the responsibility and let him get on with scoring goals. He will be captain one day though.... after the next Euros.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

sprinkles wrote: »
    I think given the choices it was the right decision. Maybe Stevie G but definitely one of the 2 of them. I would have loved to see Rooney get it but it's probably better not to weigh him down with the responsibility and let him get on with scoring goals. He will be captain one day though.... after the next Euros.

From my understanding of Steven Gerrard is that he prefers his non-captain role in the England set-up. I've read that a couple of times before. Might be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Who is my brother?

ill let ya guess that

pretty obvious tbh

Probably should have been Gerrard,Lampard or Barry. Rooney's time will come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Should Avram Grant resign as manager of Pompey because of his private life? Don't see that bandwagon tbh.

Football is football, if it does affect the dressing room then he should be dropped imo.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Should Avram Grant resign as manager of Pompey because of his private life? Don't see that bandwagon tbh.

Football is football, if it does affect the dressing room then he should be dropped imo.
    I can't see how this could not effect the dressing room. I don't think Capello would have dropped him if he had cheated with a random bird (like he's done in the past). It was a decision based on the team - with players coming out wearing team bridge shirts it shows that this has turned a lot of players against Terry - albeit no England players have so far donned these yet afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Can't wait for the new series of Rio's world cup wind ups now. JT iz going to be well merked!

• Advertisement

I can't see how this could not effect the dressing room. I don't think Capello would have dropped him if he had cheated with a random bird (like he's done in the past). It was a decision based on the team - with players coming out wearing team bridge shirts it shows that this has turned a lot of players against Terry - albeit no England players have so far donned these yet afaik.

I honestly believe Capello dropped him because of the media hype. Whether it was the correct course of action, we shall see.

ill let ya guess that

pretty obvious tbh
    No, really dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How could it not affect the dressing room when it was the mother of a team-mates' child that he's banging? If Capello doesn't make the decision, he loses Wayne Bridge for good and I dare say Terry has already lost the respect of most people in the England squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

A new manager getting caught in a brothel will never have the same effect on the dressing room as a teammate cheating on another teammate's wife ... let alone the captain.

The Pompey players were probably laughing their hats off that he managed to get caught in a brothel.

How could it not affect the dressing room when it was the mother of a team-mates' child that he's banging?

People were predicting earthquakes at Stamford Bridge over this...nothing. Who knows what might have happened between JT and Bridge.

It's obviously the media/preventive measure by Capello. Right one? Who knows. JT is still going to be the dressing room.

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    A new manager getting caught in a brothel will never have the same effect on the dressing room as a teammate cheating on another teammate's wife ... let alone the captain.

The Pompey players were probably laughing their hats off that he managed to get caught in a brothel.

Heh.

If it was a high profile manager, say someone who is currently managing a top 4, I can imagine the hype would be massive. Also JT kind of puts Avram out of the picture :pac:

Imagine it it was the captain of.....birmingham. Who would care? Or the captain of Wales?

People were predicting earthquakes at Stamford Bridge over this...nothing. Who knows what might have happened between JT and Bridge.

It's obviously the media/preventive measure by Capello. Right one? Who knows. JT is still going to be the dressing room.
    He might still be there alright but he's not going to be the one giving the rousing speach post along with the manager. The thing is half the dressing room would not be listening to him. There's a couple of good articles on the Guardian about how the Italians are bemused at the whole media circus around this and lets not forget all the managers involved in this are Italian. Capello in particular has refused in the past to let moral issues cloud his footballing decisions so I really doubt he let the media influence him this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Wayne Bridge is not involved in this. He was not with the girl at the time when Terry slept with her. The media have brought Wayne Bridge into this to stir it up as an England team crisis. It is completely ludicrous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

If Ashley cole gets injured and wayne bridge comes in at left back in the world cup it will be pure awkward, but funny.

Wayne Bridge is not involved in this. He was not with the girl at the time when Terry slept with her. The media have brought Wayne Bridge into this to stir it up as an England team crisis. It is completely ludicrous!
    Eh, while he's wasn't involved in the bed room antics but he's most definitely an interested party - media or no media. If I were in his position I would be pretty pissed off, especially considering it was my friend/captain and the girl happened to be the mother of my child. Given that they are both going to represent England at the WC then I think it's legitimate to consider him involved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

ahh now, they were probably separated less than a month, and she is the father of his kid and the 2 players were good friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Oh yeah it just happens to be the mother of his kid. It has nothing at all to do with Wayne Bridge :confused:

Like I said the right decision has been made but is Rio honeslty the right choice? He's no angel himself.

- Missed the drugs test
    - Caught drunk driving/lots of driving bans
    - Called some one a ****** on the radio

I suppose it doesn't effect the dressing room though so is that were the line is drawn? As long as it doesn't effect the dressing room it's ok? Genuine question as to what people think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Like I said the right decision has been made but is Rio honeslty the right choice? He's no angel himself.

- Missed the drugs test
    - Caught drunk driving/lots of driving bans

I suppose it doesn't effect the dressing room though so is that were the line is drawn? As long as it doesn't effect the dressing room it's ok? Genuine question as to what people think.

I agree. Then you have to ask why was Ferdinand even vice-captain in the first place.

id want that quality in a captain tbh

• Advertisement

Jazzy wrote: »
    id want that quality in a captain tbh

What someone who can slag gay people? Good lad yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I could have sworn Gerrard was vice-captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You must have forgotten to mention that in your first post :rolleyes:

Yeah I forgot who he called a ****** thought it was the radio presenter but just looked it up there and it was some gay rights person.

hard to tell what ******* is ya see. i thought ya meant he was calling someone a f**ker in that robbie savage-esque way. that would show hes willing to speak his mind and is passionate, something id want

Yeah sorry should have made it clearer.

I always thought Gerrard was vice-captain as well for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I know Ferdinand was appointed the Captain today but is that permamant? I think Frank Lampard should be the man. You need a player who is widely respected in the media and who the players respect. I think he is the outstanding candidate.

And what about Bridge, will he go to the World Cup?
    I don't think he will, his place in it has to be under threat with yet another injury prone season and now this thing. Ashley Cole, Stephen Warnock and Leighton Baines would be the three favourites imo, personally I think you take two and Luke Young who is top notch cover on both sides and leaves the manager with an extra spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Making Ferdinand captain is a joke. Especially as he is currently banned for violent conduct. Also the past drugs episode.
    Not the man for Captain or Vice Captain in my book. Anyone else would have been better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

ill let ya guess that

pretty obvious tbh

I thought it was the same person with multiple personalities tbh. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

kleefarr wrote: »
    Making Ferdinand captain is a joke. Especially as he is currently banned for violent conduct. Also the past drugs episode.
    Not the man for Captain or Vice Captain in my book. Anyone else would have been better.

There was never a drugs episode.

He is vice captain of Man United.

How is it a joke?

Boggles wrote: »

How is it a joke?

Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot, he just forgot to go for the drug test.

He's a joke in my opinion.

Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot, he just forgot to go for the drug test.

Well thats alot different to a "drugs episode" isn't it?
    He's a joke in my opinion.

But your not giving your a opinion, you just citing wrong information and repeating the word "joke".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

How is it a joke?

There was a never a drugs episode?? How can people say that - are you actually serious or just in denial. What was that 8 month suspension for then? He failed to turn up for a compulsory drug test that he knew about. Now if that isnt guilty I dont know what is. Why do you think he got an 8 month ban? It is the same thing as a drunken driver refusing to take a breath or urine test. It doesnt make them innocent. But you can go on believing there never was a drug episode if it makes you feel better while the rest of the world can see the truth.

Good work :D

Given Ferdinand being a bit of a sick note I think that there's value in Gerrard (9/1) or Rooney (16/1) being England captain on June 12th

• Advertisement

Anyone? Really? Ashley Cole? I don't think so.

Anyway, I think Rio is a great choice. He commands the defense well and is very cool and collected when speaking to the media (in most cases). I think he will take the job very serious and prove to be a good choice. I wonder how him and Terry will get on.

I don't think off the pitch behavior should come into the discussion about choosing a captain unless it somehow effects the team morale (ala JT). For example, Roy Keane was a great captain and constantly shouted his mouth off in the press, it was only when he voiced his opinion about the players publicly that he ran into any trouble and rightfully so.

I don't think off the pitch behavior should come into the discussion about choosing a captain ...

So what happens on the pitch shouldn't be taken into consideration (it was during a match,the violence), but what happens off the pitch in someone's private life should?

Sounds arse about face to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Anyway, I think Rio is a great choice. He commands the defense well and is very cool and collected when speaking to the media (in most cases). I think he will take the job very serious and prove to be a good choice. I wonder how him and Terry will get on.

Has Rio ever commanded a defence before. Surely Vidic and Neville do that at United and he's not getting a word in edgewise if he's playing alongside Terry. I mean making him captain is redundant because JT will just assume control anyway

So what happens on the pitch shouldn't be taken into consideration (it was during a match,the violence), but what happens off the pitch in someone's private life should?

Sounds arse about face to me.
    Eh what? Read my post again. I never said what happen on the pitch should be ignored - that's pretty much all that should be considered as I mentioned above.

Warper wrote: »
    There was a never a drugs episode?? How can people say that - are you actually serious or just in denial. What was that 8 month suspension for then? He failed to turn up for a compulsory drug test that he knew about. Now if that isnt guilty I dont know what is. Why do you think he got an 8 month ban? It is the same thing as a drunken driver refusing to take a breath or urine test. It doesnt make them innocent. But you can go on believing there never was a drug episode if it makes you feel better while the rest of the world can see the truth.

The FA agreed he didn't delibertly miss the drugs test, if they han he would have got 2 years.

You have proof he took drugs or your talking out of your pipe?

• Advertisement
Advertisement