Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Daniels - To Drink or Not to Drink

• 05-02-2010 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Well Guys, I haven't really posted on boards.ie, so this is my first !

I've a session to go to tonight in a friends house, and my dilema is this.

We are all lovers of that famous beverage from the southern states of the good old USA, Jack Daniels. The host, who IS a JD drinker, informs me that he only has a small bit left and won't really do us for the night.

Now, I have a large bottle of this at home that was opened about 18 months ago and hasn't been touched since (about 1 litre left). Do I bring the large bottle with me and risk the chance of it not tasting as good (I'm sure it'll have the same affect), or go to the offee and buy a fresh one ?

Thanks guys and I look forward to your comments ! However, I may not be in a position to thank you for your feeback for a couple of days, as I'm sure tonights session will result in a serious hangover !
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Buy a nice Scotch and drink that.

Either that or join a club or society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

And you can't do a sample test of the stuff before the party because.....<insert answer here>...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Go to the offy and buy a fresh bottle for yourself, bring the other bottle also though and don't tell anyone that it has been sitting around for 18 months.

You will impress them with your generousity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

18 months -are you crazy, that sh!t will be toxic and cause serious harm, pm me and I will take it off your hands and dispose of it in a safe manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Bring a bourbon like Jim Beam. It tastes about 10 times better.

• Advertisement

a bottle of jd could be open for 5 years and still taste the same tbh...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

syklops wrote: »
    Bring a bourbon like Jim Beam. It tastes about 10 times better.
    If the bottle has been sealed then your fine. open it and see if the lid is sticky, always a nice indication i find

(or just be a student and drink anything and stop wondering)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rbm

Splinter wrote: »

(or just be a student and drink anything and stop wondering)

Splinter, excellent plan.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

drink it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

rbm wrote: »
    However, I may not be in a position to thank you for your feeback for a couple of days, as I'm sure tonights session will result in a serious hangover !

With one bottle of JD? you're frickin' hard core baby!

I dunno. Drink it... don't drink it. Either way you're gonna have to go to the off license. How many of you are going to be drinking this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

i'd do a tester on the old bottle

if that baby was in my house for 18 months it would have been replaced by good strong tea by now:D

Abigayle wrote: »
    With one bottle of JD? you're frickin' hard core baby!

Just for starters to warm the bones before hitting the pub !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm drinking JD tonight..... :)

18 months is fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Use it to clean your toilet and buy a proper drink.

a bottle of jd could be open for 5 years and still taste the same tbh...

A few years ago I was in the states with my american cousins, and I decided to cook dinner one night. I had brought over some Irish smoked Salmon and so decided to make my legendary Salmonella. My recipe requires 4 spoons of whiskey, and so I asked them did they have any.

They said yes, its in the cupboard, and sure enough there was a rather dusty bottle of Teachers with about a shot taken out of it. Knowing they did not drink whiskey I asked them where they got it. They said when Anne was born a neighbour came round with the bottle of Teachers and we had a glass from it and then we put it in the cupboard.

Anne was 22 at the time of my visit. :eek:

Tasted grand though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I shall be having a few Jacks myself tonight. There should be nothing wrong with it if the lid was on tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Just for starters to warm the bones before hitting the pub !

Ahh thats alright. Drink it!

How the hell do you a bottle of JD sitting idle in your house for 18mths anyway? You couldn't leave me in a room alone with it for 18 seconds :pac:

Thanks for the tips guys.....

"To Drink" it is then.......

Abigayle wrote: »
    Ahh thats alright. Drink it!

How the hell do you a bottle of JD sitting idle in your house for 18mths anyway? You couldn't leave me in a room alone with it for 18 seconds :pac:

New baby and a new house would drive most people to the bottle, but I stayed off it for a while, and actually forgot it was there......ah well, it'll be gone soon enough now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

A few years ago I was in the states with my american cousins, and I decided to cook dinner one night. I had brought over some Irish smoked Salmon and so decided to make my legendary Salmonella. My recipe requires 4 spoons of whiskey, and so I asked them did they have any.

They said yes, its in the cupboard, and sure enough there was a rather dusty bottle of Teachers with about a shot taken out of it. Knowing they did not drink whiskey I asked them where they got it. They said when Anne was born a neighbour came round with the bottle of Teachers and we had a glass from it and then we put it in the cupboard.

Anne was 22 at the time of my visit. :eek:

Tasted grand though.

My recipe is easier.

Ingredients: Chicken Breast
    Preparation:

• Advertisement

enda1 wrote: »
    My recipe is easier.

Ingredients: Chicken Breast
    Preparation:

Its smoked salmon and tagliatelli. Salmon + tagliatelli = Salmonella.

Sorry if the name offends you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Its smoked salmon and tagliatelli. Salmon + tagliatelli = Salmonelli.

Sorry if the name offends you.

FYP

It was a joke, chill

enda1 wrote: »
    FYP

It was a joke, chill

So is the name of my dish.

Sorry if i came across prickly, its friday and I should be in the pub and instead I am waiting for this flipping thing in front of me to finish whats its doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Drink it! I drank some 14ish month old Jagermeister recently. A bit more syrupy than usual but gets the job done :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I wouldn't touch whiskey. It is vile! It's Satan's own urine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

WeeBushy wrote: »

That is wrong on so many levels. What a waste of Jack...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Now, I have a large bottle of this at home that was opened about 18 months ago and hasn't been touched since (about 1 litre left). Do I bring the large bottle with me and risk the chance of it not tasting as good (I'm sure it'll have the same affect), or go to the offee and buy a fresh one ?

I'd drink it!

- Drav!

We have a bottle of poitin at home thats been in the bottle for more than 10 years, its as good as the day it was made.

Spirits don't go bad, alcohol is a preservative. You should have bought Jameson in the first place though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

That is wrong on so many levels. What a waste of Jack...

Wrong, but oh so impressive.

Advertisement