Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tangle teezer - anyone used one?

• 05-02-2010 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used a tangle teezer?

I've spotted them on online shops quite a bit lately and wondered if they really are as good as the advertising blurb would lead us to believe?They seem to get good reviews but you never know how trustworthy they are. Any opinions or experience?

If you've no idea what Im talking about then here's a link : http://www.hqhair.com/tools-electrical/tangle-teezer/tangle-teezer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Yep, got one the other day in Boots after hearing all about them on the internet!
    It's brilliant!!! I've used it when my hair is dry, while I'm rinsing it in the shower and when it's damp afterwards and it's great!
    The reviews are correct!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Magenta wrote: »
    Yep, got one the other day in Boots after hearing all about them on the internet!
    It's brilliant!!! I've used it when my hair is dry, while I'm rinsing it in the shower and when it's damp afterwards and it's great!
    The reviews are correct!

Wow.Excellent!
    I have to say that Im kind of surprised. Do you have long or thick hair?

yeah I have really thick hair and it's past my shoulders.
    Apparently the Tangle Teezer is great for extensions too, must try it when I have mine in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Magenta wrote: »
    The reviews are correct!

Thanks for the tip. I'll pick up one in boots when I am next there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is this the thing that was on Dragons Den?

actually just looked it up and it is, looks like he did the right thing in the end

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1046966/Dragons-Den-reject-laugh-hair-Tangle-Teezer-stocked-Boots.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Everyone in my family has one :D We all have straight, fine hair, but in particular I'm outside a lot and it gets tangled: tangle teezer saves me pain :)

Also amazon.co.uk sells them in different colours to the pink or black Boots stock ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I only bought one when I first got extensions put in, as it was recommended to me by my extensionist. They're fantastic.

Maybe not of too much use if you don't have extensions or you haven't got thick hair, though?

eth0_ wrote: »
    I only bought one when I first got extensions put in, as it was recommended to me by my extensionist. They're fantastic.

Maybe not of too much use if you don't have extensions or you haven't got thick hair, though?

I wouldn't say it would matter if you didn't have thick hair/extensions cos everyone's hair tangles. They're not dear anyway so no harm in trying them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Wow that sounds amazing!

I'll be picking one up in Boots tomorrow, my thick tangly hair thanks you all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Purchased one myself recently as im trying to take extra care of my hair ;) I was actually concerned as I used it on my wet hair, and while it is much better than what I had I have still heard it occasionally snag my hair! I thought you could use if on wet hair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Can you use this on animals?
    Like horse mane and tail??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ive got one,its grand on my nieces long fine hair but on my thick mop its useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Can I ask how much you payed for them?

They are €14.99 in Boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Wow, so gonna get one of these :D Thanks :)

Advertisement