Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest price for HG/SS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Nice work! :)

I presume the bricks &mortar shops will be selling it at €45-55. I wonder is anywhere doing deals for buying both versions at the same time? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My mate works in Game Stop.
    Sorted!
    Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

. I wonder is anywhere doing deals for buying both versions at the same time? :D
    ditto this :)
    also wondering whether there'll be any special offers for buying a dsi + the game..or both games :)

CianRyan wrote: »
    My mate works in Game Stop.
    Sorted!
    Hahaha

Lucky! :P Will you be getting both?

Lucky! :P Will you be getting both?

Probably but not straight away.
    I'm going to grab SS first and go on a complete mad one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Smyths have it listed for €44.99, and since they give you something like 5% off the price in the first week with a loyalty card and don't charge delivery 'cause you have to get off your arse and go in yourself (note : Your nearest smyths is likely to be closer to your than Asia currently is!) it's not a bad deal really.

I don't work for smyths, but I will be passing one on my way home from work on March 26th... :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

just FYI, questions are still bring raised about the pokewalker thingamjig and european compatitbilty, says a jap friend who lives in the US :rolleyes:

I want a Pokéwalker... I was only reading about them last night.

Yeah but I can picture people just shaking them to level up their 'mon :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

meh i always used a bike, and the downhill only part, and stick a peg on the up directional pad.

Go on ban me! its totally like, a bannable offence!

• Advertisement

How do they work exactly?
    What I read did not explain it very well.

bedlam wrote: »
    It's a pedometer. For each 15 steps you take in the real world you earn 1 watt in the pokewalker . The watts earned allow you to unlock areas in the pokewalker, use the pokeradar and item finder. It also increases the carried pokemon's level and friendship.

And this can be connected to HG/SS to level up your Pokémon?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Are there any major differences between the original, US and European versions - for example, the Slot Machines being turned off a la Platinum - that might lean one more towards importing a US copy over buying local? Or are we going to have to wait for the Eu release to find out the good/bad news?
    This post + my unhealthy affinity for Lopunny = fairly sordid eureka moment.
    How many parents up and down the country in March will be banging on locked bedroom doors shouting "What are you doing in there?" to be told "I'm...uh... levelling up my Bulbasaur!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Banjo wrote: »
    Are there any major differences between the original, US and European versions - for example, the Slot Machines being turned off a la Platinum - that might lean one more towards importing a US copy over buying local? Or are we going to have to wait for the Eu release to find out the good/bad news?

I remember reading it on Bulbagarden somewhere, but the slot machines are changed in ALL English versions, including both US and EU.
    Instead there's a "Voltorb Flip" game, sort of like Minesweeper.

So the only real difference would be a couple spelling changes and compatibility with download events (if we even get any).

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Banjo wrote: »

This post + my unhealthy affinity for Lopunny = fairly sordid eureka moment.
    How many parents up and down the country in March will be banging on locked bedroom doors shouting "What are you doing in there?" to be told "I'm...uh... levelling up my Bulbasaur!"
    Just to add the report from Pokébeach:

"The PokeWalker seems to be able to detect abuse. I have done a few tests with shaking the PokeWalker in a one minute time span. Each time I shook it very fast for one minute, it would only add six steps. When I shake it at a slower rate for the same one minute, it goes up nearly 150 to 200 steps. These results appeared in multiple tests. Each time the PokeWalker was shaken at an extremely fast rate over the one minute, exactly 6 steps were added."

I was in Dublin city yesterday in the Jervis Street area, I combed the gamey shops in that area for find the best deals for HG/SS. These are my findings so far:

• Game (Ilac Center) - Unable to tell me the price they will charge, but will take a pre-order without any obligation to buy it from them
    • Gamestop (Mary Street) - Could only tell me the date it was released, could tell me anything else with out pre-ordering it with them
    • HMV (Mary Street) - Awesome Dude in the Games section (Bernard, he was so awesome), didn't know much, other than the date, but went over to the computer and found prices. He found HG was €54.99 on his system but SS was €44.99. He said that €44.99 sounded more like the true price. Didn't make me feel like I had to preorder it from him.
    • Smyths (Jervis Street) - It was closed when I got there, but according to Banjo they have it listed for €44.99

Out of the stores I managed to visit yesterday, NONE of them mentioned the preorder figures (Ho-oh with HG and Lugia with SS). As I get my way around Dublin city I will post up more and add them to the first post.

If anyone else finds better prices then please post them up. I will add them to the top page too :)

For your enjoyment the figures (Arceus is given away differently, but it still belongs to this set):
    figures.jpg?t=1266318694

I tried to add this to my top post, but for some reason, I can't find the edit button. Oh well, found another cheapy HG/SS price:

€40.45 with supposed free shipping from Zavvi.com

I tried to add this to my top post, but for some reason, I can't find the edit button. Oh well, found another cheapy HG/SS price:

€40.45 with supposed free shipping from Zavvi.com

You can't edit posts after 2 days, but I can edit it in for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Is anyone pre-ordering a copy from the U.S? It's available there in early March

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

LoganRice wrote: »
    Is anyone pre-ordering a copy from the U.S? It's available there in early March

They only get it two weeks before us. I wouldn't be THAT desperate to play it in English.

• Advertisement

It'l probably take 2 weeks to arrive :D

It's hardly worth getting an American version as the European version is released around the same time. If you REALLY want it you could always but the Korean version which will be out on the 4th March.....

Do remember that if you want to compete in this year's Pokémon Video Game Championships you need a European copy of the game, you'll get kicked out if you have an American version.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I might just get it from the gamestop near to me, it's the only really place in town that will sell it, I don't really rely on somewhere like Argos getting it on the day.

Advertisement