Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "twisted" bass guitar.

• 05-02-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭

Judging by the amount of playing injuries ( tendonitis, carpel tunnel syndrome, etc ) people receive from bad technique on the bass, I'm surprised that this design has not caught on. I'd say it would be hard to notice the twist from a short distance head on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLi8pOa6zYk

Comments

*head explode*

How does the action work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Papa Smut wrote: »
    *head explode*

magic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Papa Smut wrote: »

See "How" on this link.

http://littleguitarworks.com/torzal-natural-twist/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Murphyt

That is beautiful, they do a six string guitar version also, it makes perfect sense when you think about the way your hand moves as you move up and down the neck.

Murphyt wrote: »
    That is beautiful, they do a six string guitar version also, it makes perfect sense when you think about the way your hand moves as you move up and down the neck.

I agree. That's why I'm surprised that you dont see or hear about this bass often. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭reniwren

I think it might be the worst posture i've ever seen with the right hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

That is wierd. I'd love to have a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Murphyt

Rigsby wrote: »
    I agree. That's why I'm surprised that you dont see or hear about this bass often. :confused:

I wonder how you would know if the neck became warped :cool:

Murphyt wrote: »
    I wonder how you would know if the neck became warped :cool:

It would straighten out. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

It would straighten out. :D

:D

I think the reason you don't see many of them around is due to cost and the fact that they look very unusual.

I think I'll keep my non twisted basses. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

That makes my brain hurt.

NickWray wrote: »
    That makes my brain hurt.

:confused:

Makes up for it by being kind to your wrists and hands though. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Ross Mc

if bass and guitar players just learned to relax more then they would save themselves money and health problems down the line

Ross Mc wrote: »
    if bass and guitar players just learned to relax more then they would save themselves money and health problems down the line

I agree.

It's just that a lot of players don't realise that they are tensed up, until after a few years of playing like this, they end up with carpel tunnel or tendonitis etc. I'm sure if they were aware of the hazards, they would put good technique at the top of the list when starting to play a guitar, especially bass. That's one advantage of going to a good teacher at the beginning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Ross Mc

I agree.

It's just that a lot of players don't realise that they are tensed up, until after a few years of playing like this, they end up with carpel tunnel or tendonitis etc. I'm sure if they were aware of the hazards, they would put good technique at the top of the list when starting to play a guitar, especially bass. That's one advantage of going to a good teacher at the beginning.

Suppose it is but I didn't get lessons and am at ease playing now. If your relaxed your gonna play better anyway

Advertisement